inked_freak (inked_freak) wrote in _weightwatchers,
inked_freak
inked_freak
_weightwatchers

• Mood:
My meeting leader gave us a tip that she used to do when she started out that I think is a pretty neat idea and I thought I would share it with everyone. It's especially good for newbies, I think. When she would go out to eat with friends or family, instead of just ordering first, which is always a good idea, she would also say she had to use the restroom, so used that as an excuse to order first, and then would run to the potty and give herself positive self talk while everyone else ordered so she wouldn't change her mind and tell the waiter she wanted the horribly fattening yumminess so and so was having after all.  I thought that tidbit was worth sharing,  hope it helps someone!

Part two.
This is mostly for George, but if any other resident geeks are out there and know the answer, feel free to chime in yourselves!  How long does it take for the exercise  you are doing that is burning calories to result in weight loss?  Does it burn as it goes, or does it take a few hours?  I had 35 minutes to think as I walked as fast as I could move to my meeting today, and got to hoping the energy I was using would show up on the scale.  I also had the same thought earlier as I wrestled for almost 2 hours taking xrays on an 135 pound Rottweiler at work today.  Even an sedated 135 pound dog is quite a workout to take elbow, shoulder, knee and hip films on, especially when your machine is antiquated and you have to repeat ALL of them at least once.  I thought about halfway through, this workout better pay off this evening!
Subscribe

• New!

Name: Jenna Age: 32 Height: 5'7" SW (starting weight): 267 CW (current weight): 264 GW (goal weight): 150 Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this…

• First week!

I have done weight watchers in the past with success, but difficult life circumstances and using food as comfort have led me to start again. This was…

• how did they know i would come back?

I started Weight Watchers in September 2011. I jumped out of Weight Watchers in October 2012. I lost what I wanted, but I joined a new YMCA and…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 4 comments