Duc De Duras
duc_de_duras
_weightwatchers

Hello and Eggplant Parmesan

Name: Mark
Height: 5'11"
SW (starting weight): 243
CW (current weight): 226.8
GW (goal weight): not sure, I'm waiting to talk to my doctor.

Second time doing WW's. This time has been so much easier than last. The change so that there's a difference in men's and women's points turned this from something I could do to loose weight to a lifestyle I could live. Last time I dropped 50lbs but unfortunately I had some severe knee damage shortly there after which caused me to be basically immobile for a year and I put a lot of weight on over that year.

I've had success in the past using LJ to track my points and discuss WW's related ideas so I thought I'd re-start that part of making these changes to my life. I cook a lot at home and I'm always interested in recipes and sharing what I've learned.

On that note...this is one of my favorites.

2 pounds eggplant
1 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups pasta sauce*

Preheat oven to 375

Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch slices. You can peel the eggplant with your standard potato peeler. Make sure you cut the end off. and go to town on it. Use a large sharp knife. Typically we buy 2 small 1 to 1 1/2 lbs egg plants. You might consider cutting the slices in half as it makes the future steps easier.

Spray a 11x7 glass baking dish with cooking spray.

Create a layer of egg plant on the bottom of baking dish. Take 1/2 cup of mozzarella, the Parmesan, and the pasta sauce and mix them between layers of egg plant until egg plant is completely layered in dish. You'll need to be stingy with the pasta sauce to make this work. When you're at the top spread another 1/2 a cup of mozzarella on the top of the egg plant.

Cover with Aluminum Foil and bake for 50 minutes.

Remove from oven, remove foil and add remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella, place back in oven uncovered for 5-10 minutes while mozzarella turns a light brown.

6 generous servings: 4pnts each for the WW pnts.
* - obviously the kind of pasta sauce has a big impact, I use classico traditional but if you can get your hands on classico fire roasted tomato it's worth it! (Avoid Ragu like it's the plague)
Tags: introduction, recipes
Subscribe

• New!

Name: Jenna Age: 32 Height: 5'7" SW (starting weight): 267 CW (current weight): 264 GW (goal weight): 150 Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this…

• First week!

I have done weight watchers in the past with success, but difficult life circumstances and using food as comfort have led me to start again. This was…

• how did they know i would come back?

I started Weight Watchers in September 2011. I jumped out of Weight Watchers in October 2012. I lost what I wanted, but I joined a new YMCA and…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 3 comments