EmmaBovary (emmabovary) wrote in _weightwatchers,
EmmaBovary
emmabovary
_weightwatchers

Program change

Hi everyone--
I'm a longtime WW member/rejoiner attending meetings in Paris. I went back to meetings this week and discovered WW had completely revamped their program. Points are calculated in a completely different way, and no longer called points, but ProPoints. They gave back the weekly extra points (our French program had discontinued these years ago) and call them OptionPlus points.

Has the program changed in other countries? How do you deal with the change? Do you stay on the old program (tempting to me, since all my WW cookbooks and products list the old points values) or take on the new one? (I am reluctant to relearn a whole new system).

The end result of course is still the same...I'm sure under this new system the total calories you get to eat remain the same...it's just a new way to translate calories into points values.

It is very clever of WW to do something like this from a marketing standpoint. Sure, we think it's cool to have a new program...but it also obliges us to buy new cookbooks, tools, etc. From an investment viewpoint, I'm not happy about that at all.

Your thoughts?
Subscribe

• New!

Name: Jenna Age: 32 Height: 5'7" SW (starting weight): 267 CW (current weight): 264 GW (goal weight): 150 Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this…

• First week!

I have done weight watchers in the past with success, but difficult life circumstances and using food as comfort have led me to start again. This was…

• how did they know i would come back?

I started Weight Watchers in September 2011. I jumped out of Weight Watchers in October 2012. I lost what I wanted, but I joined a new YMCA and…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 12 comments

• New!

Name: Jenna Age: 32 Height: 5'7" SW (starting weight): 267 CW (current weight): 264 GW (goal weight): 150 Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this…

• First week!

I have done weight watchers in the past with success, but difficult life circumstances and using food as comfort have led me to start again. This was…

• how did they know i would come back?

I started Weight Watchers in September 2011. I jumped out of Weight Watchers in October 2012. I lost what I wanted, but I joined a new YMCA and…