No account? Create an account

Weight Watchers

it's not a diet. it's a lifestyle.

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
Herro :)
hpPUDDINGdumbley
seoidin wrote in _weightwatchers
Hi everyone!

I'm in my third week of WW and I'm finding it so hard. I've lost one pound at each weigh-in, which is completely normal and great but I haven't been following the Points properly. For some reason, I just can't get fully motivated. Perhaps it's just because my life doesn't have a set daily routine, although I do get up at the same time every day.

This week has been ridiculous, I've been ravenous at the most random times and I've just found it so so difficult to stick to the points.

It would seem that my blood sugar is berserk (I knew this already) and I get hungry around every two hours. I'm also a semi-professional classical singer, and when I have to sing I HAVE to eat, or I can't support my voice.

One of my problems is that when I get hungry, I can't even think about what I want to eat. I will be in a supermarket and literally just walk back out again because I don't know what I want. Does anyone have this problem?

I'm on 24 points a day (I'm in Ireland). Whatever system I'm on doesn't have Flex Points. I'd never heard of them until I joined here.

It's been really great reading all of your posts and comments! <3

Have you always had the issue with being hungry every two hours? A month or so ago I was like that for two or three weeks, and it was SO frustrating but it seems to have corrected itself. Could you carry around a bag of veggies or something low in points to munch on when hunger strikes?

I'm hypoglycemic, or something. Sometimes it's worse that others. At the moment the two hour thing doesn't follow and it can be quite random.

Yes! I'll try bringing a lunchbox with some veggie sticks and hummus or something in it. :) Yum, thanks!

I thought I was hypoglycemic or something as well, and went to the doctor and got blood tests and there was nothing wrong with me. It was all very strange. I also started drinking Special K protein water, not sure if you'll be able to find it in Ireland but its a mix that you put in like 16 oz of water and its got protein and fiber in it. That helped me a lot too.

I can get the same way when I'm hungry/over-hungry, so I try to always plan to eat something every X hours (for me it's 4, then again I'm not singing all the time) to keep the hunger from hitting.

WW gives conflicting advice about hunger. On the one hand, it says don't eat unless you're hungry; on the other, it encourages you to eat regular meals and snacks to keep from getting hungry. I find that the latter works far far better for me. Good luck!

I also get hungry about every 2 hours. Sometimes if I just wait it out, the hunger passes (sometimes I wonder if this means I am confusing hunger with digestion). Anyway, I try to eat 3 meals a day plus snacks in between each meal.

Also, I'm not sure what the differences are between the plan in the U.S. and the one in Ireland, and I also know that ww has reformulated their system since I attended meetings, but I found that because I am hungry more frequently than the average person, the core plan really worked out better for me. Is there such a plan in Ireland?