?

No account? Create an account

Weight Watchers

it's not a diet. it's a lifestyle.

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
e-tools question
Got insulin?
krysta_ttc wrote in _weightwatchers
I use e-tools to track my points, and I have a question...

When I first started WW, 17 lbs ago, I was eating 34 points a day.  I know that for every 10 lbs lost you go down a point, but e-tools has not shown this.  I have lost 17 lbs and e-tools still has me as eating 34 points a day.  What gives?  I expected that once I got into the 260s I would go down to 33 points, and now I am very close to the 250s but I am still at 34 points per day.
I haven't been losing (and have actually been gaining) lately despite being on plan - is this the reason why?  Should I really be eating 33 or 32 points instead?
This week I tried eating 33 points per day - weigh-in is tonight so I guess I'll see how that worked out for me.

ETA: Figured it out!  I found a place on the website where I could adjust my points target.  For future reference, though... does e-tools usually adjust points for you automatically or do you always have to go in and adjust it yourself?
Tags: ,

hmm I think mine does it automatically when I enter my weight. You may need to retake the Points Quiz under My Profile.

You need to re-take the points quiz in order for your points to go down. Have you done that?

I just went in to take it and it has the correct weight for me, so I don't know. :(

What don't you know? Re-take the quiz. Once you do, a box will pop up telling you what your new points are. If your points don't change after that, there must be a reason for it. My points don't come down automatically. I've been doing this for over a year and I need to re-take the points quiz every time I lose another 10 lbs.

yeah. I was confused, sorry. I figured since it had the right weight that it didn't make sense that I would need to retake it, but then I submitted it and it changed. It's all good now.

It doesn't re-adjust in my experience, I usually run it when I loose enough.

It does not automatically. When you enter your weight, it should prompt you that you should re-take the quiz.

Glad ya found it though! and congrats on losing the weight and the point! :-)