|POINTS® Value: 6|
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Course: main meals
|1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)|
|1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce|
|1 tbsp garlic powder|
|1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|4 item(s) bell pepper(s)|
|1 1/2 cup(s) Minute Instant, whole grain brown rice|
|1/2 medium onion(s)|
|1 1/2 cup(s) water|
|8 oz canned black beans|
|1/2 cup(s) canned yellow corn|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Add onion. Cook until beef is done and onion is beginning to go transparent.
2. Add black beans and corn.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, and uncooked rice. Stir all ingredients and let sit while you complete the next step.
4. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove all insides. Stand them up securely in a casserole or glass baking dish.
5. Fill each pepper mostly full with rice mixture. Put dish with peppers into the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check rice and peppers for doneness and add more time as appropriate.
6. Top with FF shredded cheddar, if desired. (This will alter the Points value!)