Smo (smobear) wrote in _weightwatchers,
Smo
smobear
_weightwatchers

Stuffed Bell Peppers!

I made these last night for dinner... I completely made up the recipe as I went! They're quite tasty, but I think I would let the peppers cook a little longer. I actually made double the amount of rice mixture and had way too much leftover, so I altered my "recipe". The leftover rice is great by itself, though! You can omit the red pepper flakes if you don't like spiciness! :) (the recipe format is courtesy of Recipe Builder)

POINTS® Value: 6
Servings:  4

Preparation Time:  15 min
Cooking Time:  30 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
Course: main meals

Ingredients

1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)

1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce

1 tbsp garlic powder
 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

4 item(s) bell pepper(s)

1 1/2 cup(s) Minute Instant, whole grain brown rice

1/2 medium onion(s)
 1 1/2 cup(s) water

8 oz canned black beans

1/2 cup(s) canned yellow corn

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Add onion. Cook until beef is done and onion is beginning to go transparent.
2. Add black beans and corn.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, and uncooked rice. Stir all ingredients and let sit while you complete the next step.
4. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove all insides. Stand them up securely in a casserole or glass baking dish.
5. Fill each pepper mostly full with rice mixture. Put dish with peppers into the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check rice and peppers for doneness and add more time as appropriate.
6. Top with FF shredded cheddar, if desired. (This will alter the Points value!)
7. Enjoy!
Tags: recipes
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 4 comments