December 6th, 2010

cleavage

Need a Food Diary App for Android

I'm crossposting this, since I need help.

I have long believed that the key to healthy habits, including weight loss, is not in 'being good' but in making goodness easy. The longer, more circuitous and more unpleasant the path to health is, the less likely one is to follow it.

Well, lately I have discovered that my toolset is not good enough and I need help improving it. I set myself a simple goal, not even requiring me to measure things carefully or stick to a specific point/calorie rationing system: write down everything I eat.

Write down everything I eat. When I just keep track of everything I consume, I inevitably make better, more reasonable choices. When I write down everything that I eat, I lose weight. When I meander away from this habit, I gain.

Well, I haven't been doing it. This weekend was particularly bad. The reason for this is that while my poor man's tracking spreadsheet is awesome, it's tethered to computers that can handle google docs. My most omnipresent and useful computer, my android smartphone, cannot handle google docs. Soooo, I go to parties and events at restaurants or other people's houses and I totally fail to track and I (FOR INSTANCE) gain nearly seven pounds in a week. :P

I need a free food diary program for Android.

A spreadsheet would do, but a food diary would be best. If it's really good, I'm willing to pay a few bucks for it, but it at the very least needs to be more convenient and attractive than simply writing a list in my notepad program. So I turn to you, the internet. Help a fella out, won't you?

Any ideas or suggestions would help!

PP is rad

Welp, weighed in after the first week of trying PointsPlus and I lost 4 lbs.
We had a load of members who had been stuck on plateaus all lose. It was glorious. I'm surprised people weren't screaming, that's how high energy it was. So bye bye lingering skepticism, you are a waste

PS have you found that your eating habits have changed? I feel full like all the time and I'm pretty sure it's the fruit. I never realized how damn filling it is but I find that it curbs cravings WAY more than those 1 pt fudge bars or lowfat popcorn. That stuff always leaves me in the mood for more...mmm fudge.

Good luck! I wanna hear about your results too!
Jessica - Dukes of Hazard

Chicken before and after

So here's a question for all of you.  Points for 7oz of raw boneless skinless chicken breast is 5 points, but points for 4 oz (around what it weighs after cooking) is 8 points!  This makes no sense to me, how are points gained merely by cooking something!!  I use like 2 sprays of olive oil to coat the pan.  I don't know whether to put 8 points in my points tracker or 5!