September 19th, 2010

BlueMoon

Denim Diaries

Once more, this weekend, I went through my wardrobe to get rid of things that no longer fit. I pulled out every pair of jeans I owned from where ever they were, whether it was my drawers, closet, or boxes in the garage of things (during the last round of purging) I couldn't quite get back into yet. I am down to two pairs jeans that will fit me through maybe another three to five pounds before I have to give in and buy more. There are three moments of this escapade that stand out to me, though.

1) Putting on the jeans I wore in ninth grade and finding that not just one, but every single pair were way to big on me now - nearly ten years later. Not just jeans of the same size or same style, but the jeans I was wearing as a high school freshman - and they're not just a little baggy here or there; they looked completely ridiculous on me, even with fuller hips now than I had then.

2) Putting on the jeans I wore all the time when I was dating my ex-boyfriend two years ago and finding they - literally - fell to the floor after four steps. I cannot even begin to describe the wicked sense of happiness I felt in that moment, thinking about how his jaw would hit the floor if he were to see me now, after all that time only ever receiving an appearance-based compliment from him if he'd been drinking.

3) Putting on the jeans I wore on my first date with my current boyfriend and finding I could fit an entire shopping list's worth of groceries for Thanksgiving dinner in them with me - especially considering when I wore them that day eight months ago, I had to spend the whole morning stomping around my house like Godzilla, with these huge, lung-like steps, to break them in enough that I wouldn't have a muffin top through the entire night.
  • Current Mood
    ecstatic ecstatic
  • Tags
Running

Weigh-in...I have no idea what number this is

At the moment I'm not going to bother with meetings. As I explained to my leader (and she understood) that weight loss is not the number 1 priority in my life. I'll come in to weigh in weekly to keep me mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth but much of the content of the meeting is at best of no use to me and is occasionally irritating. So I'll still be here and will still post numbers to keep me honest but right now if my choices are eating more and getting an extra run in or losing an additional pound...I'm taking the run. This morning's long run was 12 miles in 2 hours 6 minutes. It felt GOOD, although my quads are on fire still.

All that said I'm down 7.2 lbs this week. Keep in mind that last week I was up 3.5, which I had suspected was salt and just not having done a long run before weigh in. Sooooo, figure the REAL number is 1.8 each week for the past two weeks, which suits me right down to the ground. That puts the current numbers at:

SW: 406
CW: 216.6
GW: 180