August 30th, 2010

Running

Weigh in from Sunday

I almost didn't make this post but much like meetings, sometimes doing it even if you don't feel like it, is important.
This past week a pretty rough week. I was sick for most of it and unfortunately for me when I'm sick, I tend to act like a petulant child in regards to my choices. So I'm up 1 lb. It's not a worry and honestly something I know I need to work on. I'm a bit peeved that this has been a trend lately but I can't fix what's done.

I still managed to get my running done...which is likely why it wasn't worse. This Sunday's long run (11 miles) felt very good in spite of some lingering congestion and brand new shoes. I brought it in just over 2 hours so I am very confident with my preparedness so this next month will just be building even more.

Speaking of the new shoes...
Those of you who are looking at getting into more serious walking and running while still carrying some weight - if you find a neutral cushioning shoe is the best fit for you, look into the Brooks Dyad. It's specifically made for heavier people who want more cushion and don't need motion control.