August 25th, 2010

So yesterday was a bad day...

First thing that happened: I thought granola cereal was healthy so I had a big bowl of it. Yeah, that ate up 22 of my 35 points!!! So I was left skimping the rest of the day. But then...it happened. My dad knocked on my door and brought me one of those microwave hot sandwich thingies which is bound to have at least 400 calories. I wanted to tell him no, but it would hurt his feelings and he'd get upset and the whole rest of the day would be crappy, so I went ahead and ate it, sending my intake to waaaaay more than my points allow.

As that was only my second day on WW, it was a little discouraging. But I woke up this morning and thought "You know what, let's just forget that happened." My lesson? Plan meals ahead and make sure my family knows not to make me food without letting me know what they're making. If all else fails, just pretend to eat the sandwich and wrap it up for Mom later on. Oh, and just because it looks healthy doesn't mean that it is!!!

So on that note, I had some scrambled eggs and whole grain toast with a teaspoon of strawberry jam on each piece along with a cup of 1% milk to wash it down. Um...YUM?!?!? I'd have had a banana if my mom hadn't eaten the last one. Oh well. XD
Life is a journey

Beginning Weight: 320lbs

That is the heaviest I have ever been. I was short of breath and my knees were hurting again. That was 3 weeks ago. I have been unable to yet go back to WW however I'm following the plan again. In 3 weeks I have lost 11 lbs bringing my weight down to 309. My ideal weight for my height and bone structure is 165-170 lbs. While I'd love to lose at least 50 lbs by March (when I graduate college) that may be too high of a goal and too far off. My goals are to lose about 2 lbs a week on average.

Changes: substituted more fruit and veggies to my diet and avoiding fast food to save money. I still eat fast food once in while but I am more careful about what I order such as choosing a fruit cup instead of fries or choosing a side salad intead of fries and if I *must* have a burger and fries, ording a child's meal instead.
  • Current Mood
    cheerful cheerful