August 8th, 2010

Running

It's been a good week!

It's a time of weigh-ins, activity I didn't know I could do and looking back on a lot of time.

I joined Weight Watchers one year ago tomorrow and it's really difficult to process the changes both mental and physical in that short amount of time. This past week I kept up with my running schedule but did skip one day of strength training. The eating was mostly on point and the indulgences were kept to things like avocado slices and a strip of bacon on my sandwich.

I lost 4.6 lbs this week. As with most of my weigh-ins of weight...this may or may not be real. I weigh in after I run on Sundays so depending on hydration levels and how much damage I did... As long as it trends downward, I'm happy.

Grand totals:
SW: 406 (380.4 joined WW)
CW: 224.4
GW: 180ish

The more important thing to me was the 5k yesterday. Not only did I finish in 28:12 but I ran STRONG. It's one thing to survive an endurance race, slogging through at the best pace you can manage but it's a whole different level of accomplishment to be in the middle of the pack and passing people as you kick it hard up the hills.

In honor of this, I went ahead and ordered my RoadID...I was going to get it as a reward for SV achievement but I like to think that losing weight is just one of many good effects that happen with this desire to push myself. I had one line of it inscribed to remind me of this: "FORTES FORTUNA ADIUVAT" It's a Roman phrase translated as "fortune favors the bold" or "fortune favors the brave." I always thought "fortune favors the brave and the bold" summed up the spirit of the phrase.

Be brave and bold my friends!
toothless

(no subject)

I've maintained my weight for the past three weeks.  Since I started Weight Watchers I've lost 8.6 lbs, which is great, but my goal is 55, and at the rate I'm going I'm never going to get there.  I don't understand what's going on though.  I'm not going over my points, and I exercised for an hour every day this week.  I'm mostly eating good stuff, though I did resort to the cafeteria at work once last week when I forgot to pack my lunch (healthy choices are few and far between there).  This is very frustrating to me.  Any suggestions to help me smash this plateau?
  • Current Music
    History Channel
BlueMoon

Wants vs Needs

I know there are still 26-ish pounds to go, but looking at this (albeit somewhat blurry) picture, I had a moment of doubt. I still want to lose more weight, but I like that I don't always feel like I need to at this point. I can't wait to see how I look at 130!

WW Journey Began: 10/11/09
WW Start: 210 | WW Current: 156.6 | WW Goal: 130
  • Current Mood
    accomplished