July 27th, 2010

cherries

My 1 year WW anniversary

Hey everyone!

I know i'm a few weeks late but the 1st of July marked my 1 year anniversary with Weight Watchers and I thought it'd be nice to share a before and after pic with you all.

Starting Weight: 222lbs
Current Weight: 162lbs
Total Loss: 60lbs !!!

Collapse )

Edit: Would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments! & to the person that asked about my height, i'm 5'6 :)
me easter actsofbeauty

Trying something new

Weight Watchers has been good to me. Weight Watchers has been, in fact, great to me. Over a fairly 'healthy' period of time, I went from 215 lbs to maintaining at around 142 lbs, for a BMI around 23. Life was reasonably decent, although I could stand to lose more weight - I have a surprisingly light frame, and 143 lbs still left me with a fairly large percentage of fat in my body weight. But it was comfortable.

But I have all these inflammations - arms, knees, feet, chest - and it was suggested that I should try an anti-inflammatory diet; I looked it up online, but I didn't find anything *useful* until I randomly clicked on a link to something called 'The Diet Solution'. The web page is, admittedly, a completed disaster - it looks like a scam, and they certainly give you the hard sell for something that costs very little indeed.

But I looked deeper into the foods and exercises they were suggesting, and it actually all jived very well with the research I've been doing into the anti-inflammatory diet, and in fact (once you got past the cheesy introductory videos and flash pages) was the most helpful website I've seen to date, with articles and recipes, and the plan itself has serving sizes and recommended foods, and almost everything you'd need to know.

The first two weeks, it is suggested, you should go hardcore - go off all grains, all dairy, and sugar. It's not as hard as it sounds, it turns out - the plan rarely leaves me hungry (except, say, if I go out for too long without bringing a valid snack with me), and the weight is remarkably coming off very quickly already.

Anyways, has anyone else heard of this plan? Has anyone else tried it and succeeded? Tried it and failed?
Squall then what
  • nessun

Consider this a Want Ad - or a Wish List

I've been having some trouble staying on track, and I think I know what the problem is: I'm doing this alone. Now, don't get me wrong, I have friends who are supportive and I DO attend the weekly meeting in person.

But - and here's my issue - my friends are not pushing me (since they don't want to get in my face about something that could be touchy or upsetting, and none of them are in the same boat and some of them are either definitly not likely to attend WW or don't want to get involved with my weight loss since they aren't ready to join the bandwagon themselves, which I understand, since it's a very personal decision).

And the meeting is great, but I don't feel really close with anyone there. They are almost entirely older or younger than me by over a decade. I don't have contact with them outside the weekly meeting. They are very supportive when I'm there (we all are of each other), but they are not a presence in my life otherwise.

Collapse )
  • Current Music
    Kuon - Hikari to Nami no Kioku - FFX-2 OST