June 11th, 2010

Yo-yo

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I have written in here, but I am going to try to get back into it because I need all the support I can get.

I have been on weight watchers now for 2 years, and as embarrassing as it is, I am at my start weight. When my parents went on their RV trip in December I promised them that when they returned in June, 6 months later I would be at least 20 lbs lighter. Well, I am at my exact start weight of 224.7.

I know I am at fault because I don't stay on target...I fall off the wagon a lot...get back on for a good 2-3 months then back off again.

How do you keep yourself motivated from day to day? I have so many reasons to lose the weight, but unless they are in my face every day I don't think about it. I can't look at a mirror everyday because then I would be depressed or disgusted with myself all the time. I have my matron of honor dress out on my bedroom door for my cousins wedding in November, but looking at the dress has lost it's power. I have my 10 year high school reunion on July 31st and I was hoping to lose weight for it because in high school I weighed around 180ish. No way I am gonna be near that now. I had it figured out a month or two ago that if I lost an average of 8 lbs a month from that point I would be to my goal weight by new years.

I just can't seem to get myself motivated unless I am depressed or pissed off about my weight. I know what to do...I just need to do it. It's just he motivation to stay on target that I have trouble with. Please help...I have never been good with asking, but I am now.
  • Current Mood
    depressed depressed
Mimi

Another Tale from the Scale

So at last night's weigh in I experienced a first. No, it wasn't my 10% I was 2lbs away from. No, it wasn't a 4lb gain. No, it wasn't a .2 loss.

So what happened?

I didn't gain. I didn't lose. I stayed the same. At 257.2lbs, I stayed the same. Wearing different clothes from last time. Eating different foods than last week. Exercising a little less than I would have liked to. After a wedding and a birthday, I stayed the same.

It was the first time I haven't seen a change on the scale, up or down, in 24 weeks of doing WW. It was just so... anticlimatic. Kind of strange. But you know what? It made me realize something! I've been able to maintain my 26.4lb weight loss from when I was 283.6. I think that's worth more to me than earning my little 10% keychain (on which I'll already have 3 charms to put on it!). I look forward to losing more weight and getting that keychain and subsequent charms, but it is good to know that even with obstacles (and this week, there were TWO!), I am still able to be in control of my eating patterns and activity habits.

So for those out there who reach those plateaus or maybe have slowed down in your weight loss, don't forget to look at how much you have already achieved. To those who watch the Biggest Loser and walk into Weigh In thinking they'll lose 10lbs, when they've only lost 1.2, be proud of your achievement.

The weight we lose is forever, y'all. Never forget that.

To eat or not to eat?

Greetings fellow WWers :]
Here is a little about myself and my WW journey..
My name is Krista, I'm 21 from Philadelphia. I've been a chunky kid all my life, but after breaking both legs about two years ago and being unable to walk for an extended period of time, the weight issue really exploded. Ever since it's been kind of downhill. A few friends of mine from work joined and had been getting incredible results and eventually convinced me to join. My first meeting was April 3rd of this year and I was amazed at how I let my weight get away from me. At 252 pounds I was at my heaviest ever. My father, my uncle, and my grandfather have Type 2 Diabetes. Both sides of my family have heart/lung problems. I had been told by multiple doctors that if I didn't change my lifestyle, I would be in the bed right next to all of them. So I joined. So far, I've lost 15 pounds and do see a little bit of the difference when I look in the mirror. I always say that I don't mind it going slow, as long as the number on the scale is changing and getting smaller.

But today especially I'm finding it hard. I work at night at a hospital and my dinner choices are pretty scant. I've basically gotta do what I can with a microwave and therefore, the Smart Ones meals and anything else I can manage to 'nuke' in the 'wave has been my go-to since early April. Needless to say, I'm getting sick of eating the same things over and over again. I'm looking for some new EASY and QUICK recipes that I can start at home and reheat in the microwave.. any ideas?

Any tips and tricks are always appreciated and welcomed. Good luck to everyone :]
  • Current Mood
    aggravated aggravated
books

Salutations!

Hello everyone. :) My name is Steph, I'm 25 and just joined WW two weeks ago, I'm going strong on my third week. I started at 213.6 and as of the third weigh in I am at 204.4! I understand that the beginning is when you lose the most, but this is so motivating nonetheless. I only need less than two more lost to be at my 5%. This past week I lost 5.4 lbs which is so funny because I used like 15 of the flex points! But I have been walking every night for 45 mins, and tonight started little spurts of jogging within the walk. Im totally excited to keep this moving along!

But enough about me! You all seem very nice and very inspiring! Can anyone here tell me their success stories? I would love to hear them!

And also, if anyone here has the 5th generation iPod with the pedometer in it, do you know if it works accurately in a pocket while walking/jogging? Its a close to body/snug pocket if that makes a difference. Or should I get some sort of arm band for it? Thanks! <3
  • Current Mood
    optimistic optimistic