May 25th, 2010

lily pic

(no subject)

I decided on a whim to try a baby bok choy that was cheap at the local oriental grocery.  I also got some new(to me) dressing from Trader Joe's to use as a dip.  Low fat Cilantro Salad Dressing which is one tiny point for 2 tablespoons of cilantro yumminess!  I have found the baby choy to be a really satisfying crunchy snack that takes some chewing as well as being a great veggie. I like the green tops and the white stalks myself, as does the hubby, but my friends at work only liked the stalks.  If you have tried bok choy before and liked the white part a lot more, it might be better to just stick to the larger version, as there is less stalk and more green on the smaller choy.

I also used the wii fit my friend loaned me for the first time today, and I amazed myself on the yoga and strength exercises! I was blown away when my "trainer" said I am really strong and have great balance!! I guess all the ad lib strength training and walking I have been doing really have paid off! That really made me excited, because I thought I would really get low scores on everything and I got 4 stars on almost all the yoga and several of the strength!  Now, my balance, reflexes, and rhythm need work, but I am really happy with the first workout!
  • Current Mood
    satisfied satisfied
tongueout
  • missuh

Anyone else 5'9 out there?

I need some advice for a good weight for me.
People keep saying I don't have much to lose, but I feel I do. To get to my target weight I'd need to lose about 40 lbs! At least I think so.

Is anyone out there around my height? If so, do you mind telling me what you weigh and what size you wear?

Right now I'm in mostly 14s. I'd LOVE to get to 10s.
baby kit

grumble/sigh

After reaching a huge milestone (for me) which should have had me dancing a dance of joy (30 pounds); I went into a weird kind of funk.

This was due to the fact that I had purchased 6 dresses for the warm weather and assumed that once I lost 30 pounds I'd be able to wear them. Every single one of them fits me perfectly through waist and hips, is snug through the ribs and impossibly tight across the bust.

My reaction to this set back? Fall off the WW wagon.

I've gained 4.5 pounds in the last five days and am kicking myself to the curb and back. I knew, even as I indulged, that this wasn't going to get me where I wanted to be any faster, and I still did it. Even as I stepped on the scale this morning and saw the result, my first thought was "Well, I might as well have fries for lunch" - here lies the path to hell, I realize.

Tonight I'm at the opposite end of that spectrum and thinking I should pick up a box of Slim Quick to use in tandem with WW.

*SIGH*

I hate where I am right now.

:/

/pout/grumble/whine