May 18th, 2010

• zechal

New perspective

So I posted last week about my frustration with my lack of weight loss even though I'm doing everything right. I talked with my fitness class instructor last night (she has several degrees in nutrition, health, and fitness) and she basically told me that my nursing relationship with my daughter is more important than pounds on the scale. She's 100% right, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that. She encouraged me to stick with weight watchers and continue to work out. She did not want me to cut back on my points as my caloric intake is so important due to nursing. Basically keep doing what I'm doing.

She would like me to bring my food journals in to review as she thinks I may be eating to many carbs or something simple like that. So I will bring in for her to review...but otherwise the plan is to just stick with it. She also reminded me that while I may not be losing, I'm not gaining, which is also huge!

So I guess your stuck with me for a little while longer! I also need to say that I started at a 22 and yesterday I fit into a size 16 pair of jeans :)
confetti

(no subject)

Hey guys, I need some encouragement!

I've been on WW for 4 weeks now, and I'm feeling frustrated that I haven't lost at least a pound a week.

I've been tracking everything, and if I'm even a little unsure I always tend to overestimate my points so I don't end up eating too many calories. I've only gone over on my daily points (22) a few times in the last 4 weeks, and I just feel like nothing is happening!

SW: 159.5
CW: 157.5

I've only lost two pounds!

I'm still having trouble trying to force myself to eat breakfast to kick start my metabolism.

Does anyone know of any foods/drinks/etc that will help me get my metabolism going better?

I really want to lose weight for my health and such, but this slow progress is very frustrating to me! I'm a very impatient person!

(Note: I'm a quadriplegic, so working out to help with weight loss isn't really an option for me.)