May 16th, 2010

tubestop

NSV

Last summer, when I was at my highest weight ever, I bought a few pairs of shorts. I wore one of those pairs yesterday and all day long, I was tugging them up. It didn't occur to me until I was changing into my jammers and I was able to pull off the shorts without unbuttoning or unzipping them, that they were TOO BIG!!!

So, that pair of shorts gets to be the first item in my Going to Goodwill because they are TOO BIG bag.
seph
  • nessun

New Toy!

I've been slipping for a while now. My "busy season" at work is from March - June, and it's hard to focus on weight loss when there's a billion treats in the kitchen and an office culture built on rewarding everyone for hard work with take-out. So I've been up for the past few weeks, and I've been annoyed with my own lack of control.

Now that I've finally got a grip on my own denial ("no, one piece of that won't hurt"), I've decided to reinvest in myself. So, I bought a new toy - an elliptical trainer.

I do have a gym membership, but pulling my sorry butt to the gym after a very long day at the office was just not happening. I decided that an in-home machine was the way to go: I can't avoid it if it's right there in the apartment! And I can watch part of my huge DVD collection and not feel bad about being a couch potato, since I'll be moving at the same time.

Needless to say, putting the razzafraggin' thing together took so much out of me yesterday that I didn't even try it out - just checked it was all together properly and would turn on. But I'm optimistic now, and I'm reinvigorated by my own goals. Here's hoping I get some momentum going again!
  • Current Music
    Nothing out of Nothing - Great Big Sea
Running

Weigh in Sunday

It was another good week on the scales. I got in a lot of exercise, met my calorie burn targets and was spot on with my points. The scales rewarded me by telling me that I lost another 3 lbs. That makes for 127 lost with weight watchers and 153 total for a current weight of 253.2 lbs.

My wife and I joined a gym this week (LA Fitness). It's a lovely facility, they have a few classes that interest us and our free assessment with one of their trailers absolutely beat the heck out of us. I think I have a new favorite piece of indoor equipment! The trainer talked to us and knowing we run, wanted to take us out of our element and put us on a Stairmaster. I went up some 79 floors in 20 minutes and looked a lot like a drowned rat. MORE PLEASE! I also found out that my core still needs some work but on the whole, it was a great experience.

Hi there!

What a great group! Thank you all for posting some inspiration & some reality. I have struggled my whole life with my weight & joined Weight Watchers Online about a month & a half ago, for the second time in my life. I've lost 14 lbs. total this time around.

My name is Lindsay. I'm 5'6", 28 years old, & live in Denver, CO.
My starting weight was 237.
Current weight is 223.

At my highest weight, in high school, I weighed over 300 lbs.
At my lowest, during my sophomore year of college I weighed roughly 180.

I was able to maintain between 180 & 195 for most of my college & grad school careers, until an unhealthy relationship (which ended 3 years ago) helped me pack on 50 lbs. in 8 months.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 15 & a combination of hormone therapy along with improving my eating & exercise habits allowed me to lose over 120 lbs. over 3 years. I wish I remember what I did exactly to get the weight off!!

I'm hoping that this time around, I'll be able to let the past go, & get healthy for myself once again.

Thanks for all of your inspiration... I look forward to reading more & posting about my own triumphs (& hopefully very few tribulations).