April 29th, 2010

Calories and Working out

Hi, So I try to work out everyday or at least 3-5 times a week for 40 minutes. In order to lose weight my calorie goal is 1300-1400 a day. With the workouts I normally burn 300-400 calories. My question is in regards to food, do I eat only the 1400 calories or do I subtract my calories burned and then eat up to 1400.

For example, if I eat 1400 cal and burn 400 cal, am I able to eat 400 more calories and still lose weight?
1400-400 = 1000

Or do I not consume the 400 calories I burned?

I'm just confused about how all this calorie stuff works.
Thanks in advance.

• wwmrsn

Weight Loss Buddies

I used to be an active member but went of WW due to pregnancy. My baby is now 3 weeks old and I want to get back to some healthy eating habits so I've come back to my weight loss blog on LJ. I'm not technically doing WW right now as I want to wait a little while longer since I am breast feeding. I do however need to make some changes to my diet and would like some support while I get back on track. (I will eventually go back to WW to lose all the weight.)

Feel free to add me as an lj friend.
bruceass

Prevacid and Weight Gain

I've been on Prevacid for the last week for heartburn. The good news is, my heartburn is better. The bad news is, I'm hungry all the time. I looked up Prevacid's side effects and there it was: increased appetite. I guess I should have done a little research before I chose it, although I think all of those types of drugs may cause increased hunger. It doesn't bode well for tomorrow's weigh in.

At least I feel like now that I know what's causing it, I can control it a little better. Thankfully, I only have to take it for 5 more days.

Moral of the story? Check the side effects!

(no subject)

Hey guys!

I re-joined WW last Thursday for the fourth time. My boyfriend is in Austria until July 1st and my ultimate goal is to lose 15-20 pounds before he gets home. I also started training for a 5K for June 27th. I've been following the Couch to 5K program and It's great but the music gets REAL old, quick. Is the Nike+ program worth the money?

HW: 181
SW: 167.8
CW: 162.2

I lost 5.6 my first week back. I think training for my 5K has given me something to work for and forced me to work harder.