April 20th, 2010

[tv] greys - wtfe

(no subject)

I live in an on-campus apartment with one roommate [who attributes to temptation enough by baking cookies, muffins, brownies, etc. (because she doesn't watch her weight)] so I can fend for myself as far as cooking and am very in control.

I hate visiting home on the weekends because I feel like there is where I lose control. We live in the middle of podunk nowhere so taking a nice walk to a park is basically walking through a cornfield and not very fun. I love my mom's cooking, but it's definitely not point friendly 80% of the time. She's aware that I'm on WW and asks how I'm doing or how many points this or that is. But Sunday night when I get back to Indy I'm out of weeklies and then some with no APs to dig myself out of my deficit.

Do you think I'm making up the staying OP problem up in my head and practicing poor control or should I talk to my mom about helping me stay OP when I visit? Do you have any other general suggestions or struggle with it as well?

Also, I've been thinking about investing in an HRM, calorie burn measurement device..
I've heard about several: HRM devices, FitBit, Body Bugg, and so on..
Which device do you have? What do you like the most about it? How long have you had it? What do you like least about it? and Would you recommend it?