March 22nd, 2010

Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach

Last year in January or so, a friend of mine talked me into signing up for the Yuengling Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach. I won't lie, the idea of free beer afterward was a motivator for me.

I didn't train really hard last year, and my time for the 8K (4.97 miles) was 1 hour 3 minutes. However, after that race, I kept running and signing up for other races.

This weekend was my second Shamrock 8K and I was anxious to see how much progress I've made in  year. I ran the 8K in 53 minutes and 12 seconds!! That's a 10:40 average mile, which compared to my normal training pace of 11:30, I was VERY pleased! I cut an additional 3 minutes of my 56-minute 8K in Richmond in November.

Progress, kids, PROGRESS! Yay!

Now, I've got a 6.2 mile race (10K) in Richmond this weekend! I'm addicted!
  • Current Mood
    accomplished
tongueout
  • missuh

I'm back (I'm not sure to end that with "!" or ":(" )

I admit I am complete disheartened about starting over yet again...but glad to know I'm making some changes in a positive direction.

I just ran my first half marathon so you'd think I wouldn't be in this mess yet again...but food is my issue not my activity level. At least I think so.

I just got engaged and my wedding is about four months away so I have my work cut out for me. I would love to lose 30 lbs in that time if I can. My dress maxes out at $400 of alterations and I want to have it taken in enough to max that baby out hehe.

Anyway...here we go!

I have felt like I've been starving all day and I know it's just because I know in my head I'm watching what I eat. I'm not sure how to get past that! Any suggestions?!
tongueout
  • missuh

Good find! One point tuna!

I just found Clover Leaf Light Tuna packed in water...70 cals; 0.5 fat for a half can....that means ONE point for a half a can!!!!!!!!!!!

Use this with a tblspn of light mayo and WW bread and you're looking at a 3 point sandwhich. I am using stonemill so mine is 4 pts...but still....woot!

Oh and if you live in Toronto or area it's on sale at Fortinos right now to boot!
  • zechal

PX90

My husband is at his goal weight and has been doing a lot of different work out routines for the last 6 months but just bought PX90....which means I have tried bits and pieces of it. Honestly the ab ripper dvd is AMAZING. Hard hard hard but it's 15 minutes and you do 339 total in 15 minutes, I think 25 per move!

I about died my first time, but the trainer encourages you to take breaks if needed, so I did and hopped back in. But if I can do it, you can do it! I've noticed a big difference in my belly in the week I've been doing it (every other day). I had that lovely post baby belly!