March 21st, 2010

• zechal

Weigh In

2 lbs down this week! Only three pounds from next mini goal and only 48 lbs to my main goal (finally under 50)!!!!

After hitting a platuea for a month, I've lost the last two weeks. My advice if your stuck:

measure everything (it was amazing how much my portions started getting bigger again), write everything you put in your mouth down (no skipping that one little bite, etc), move more (walking further, longer, etc), add weights to your workout....and most importantly stick with it!

I could have gave up and quit but that would mean gaining back all the weight plus some! I stuck with it, was stuck a month, but over the last two weeks I've lost 4 lbs! Don't give up, it's worth it!
jellyfish

smoothies

is there are certain powder you have tried and like that I can add to my fruit smoothies that will not add much taste however make it much more filling or have more protein/fiber without adding too many points?

thanks~
BlueMoon

It's just a matter of when, not if.

Today is a very good day. I've finally lost 15% of my original WW starting body weight. The first ten came off so effortlessly that the next five felt like it took an eternity. Slow and steady wins the race, though. I whole-heartedly believe that.

Now that I've finally come to a point where I accept that plateaus will happen, despite all my best efforts, and that they will stick around for as long as they like, I'm really frustrated with myself for giving up so many times in the past. If I'd just kept with it like I am now, how long ago could I have gotten to my goal weight? Could I have PREVENTED getting to my maximum weight? It's frustrating, but at the same time it's motivating.

So what if it's taking longer now? If there are some weeks where I just can't get the scale to budge? It's still working. I still look and feel better than I have in years. I get compliments and asked for advice on a weekly basis from people I don't even really know - that says more to me about how well this program works than how fast the numbers change.

I'm so close to being half way there that I can taste it. Seven and a half pounds. I need to start planning how to celebrate that. The only material thing I can think of that I want is maybe an iPod shuffle (which is a totally frivolous purchase since I already have an iPod classic), but that's not really a big hurrah type thing to me, just something I want and haven't convinced myself is worth buying. There's nothing I really want to do, and even if there was it'd be something like a show or concert and I don't know that I could time it well enough to coincide. I guess I could look into things in the coming month or two and see if anything catches my eye at least.

I've got some time to figure it out, thankfully, but I still want to make sure I come up with something. It's not an insignificant accomplishment and I need to remember that. Whatever it is I wind up doing, I'm definitely making sure I come away with a physical token of it so I have that reminder of "Yeah, you did it" to look at whenever it is I feel the need.

P.S. I love that there isn't the vaguest doubt in my mind that I WILL get there, too.

WW Journey Began: 10/11/09
WW Start: 210 | WW Current: 177.6 | WW Goal: 130
Running

Weekly weigh-in

I'm down 1.4lbs this week.
Not my usual gasp-worthy weigh in numbers but very solid and I'm happy with it.
I gave my leader my rewards key tag thing from the big & tall store since I will no longer be needing it. She really appreciated it.

Looks like another great week
eyebrow

Points Question

HI, everyone.

So, I'm new (again) to WW. This is my second time on the plan and going to actual weigh-in's (instead of just doing the plan on my own). I don't like my leader and I haven't really found a meeting that I like yet, but I refuse to give up.

Recently, I've just been going and getting weighed and not staying for meetings, so that's why I'm here with this question:

Do I have to eat all of my points for the day? Last time I was on the plan there was a range of points for the day and I remember that you had to eat the minimum for the day to get enough calories and keep your metabolism up, but I'm not sure if I have to eat all of the points this time around.

I feel like I have way too many points for the day and I'm just kind of stuck. This is my third week and so far I've only lost 3.2 pounds. I know that's good and that is a lot, but I lost 3 the first week and only .2 the second week. I've been trying not to use my weekly allowance, either.