March 19th, 2010

Running

Interesting tip and fun milestone

Last night was the first time in a very long time buying clothing NOT from a big & tall store. It was a great feeling.
The bigger reason I was at WalMart was to pick up a cheap exercise ball to give a recent tip from Bob Harper a try. If you can get away with it depending on where you work, tossing your office chair for a ball is a very interesting bit of passive exercise. Slouching or relaxing on the ball results in a quick trip to the floor. Your core and legs get quite a bit of work just keeping you upright.
  • zechal

Clothes

I used to love clothes, love love love clothes and had a very unique style. My sisters and friends always borrowed my clothes or commented on what I was wearing. But slowly over the years, while I was gaining weight, I quit caring....or more like I started hiding. My daily go to outfit consists of jeans or black casual pants, a tshirt and a zip up hoodie...it's only got worse since my body has changed even more after having a baby six months ago.

Since losing 50 pounds (10 pounds lower than my pre-pregnancy weight) I've started to go through my closet and am trying to sell/donate any all of my clothes as I grow out of them. It's funny because I kept all of my smaller clothes so I literally have tubs full of smaller sizes. But my body has changed since the baby and am I'm trying to figure out how to go about buying clothes.....I hate to spend a lot of money on clothes that will hopefully be to big in a few weeks/months. But I'm tired of buying low quality clothes that fit poorly.

I'm 5'4...190..and have a large chest....so not the ideal body type to try and dress cheaply!