February 23rd, 2010

HP  trio

New member!

Name: Emily

Height: 5'2

SW (starting weight): 293.5

CW (current weight): 293.5

GW (goal weight): Not sure yet!

Hello everyone! I joined on 2/20. I have spent the last 30 minutes reading a bunch of past entries and getting some crazy motivation from you guys! So proud of you all! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anyways, I'm Emily and I've been overweight my whole life. Last week while driving home from work I finally said "Today is the day!" and I took a very sharp right and drove straight to WW. I love this program. I just need to get to the gym and get moving. I can't wait to get to know more of you :D
  • Current Music
    bayside
baby kit

Week Three - WW Leaders

Had my week three weigh in last night, and due to all of your encouragment last Tuesday, I feel pretty darn good about my progress.

I'm doing WW through the WW at work program, and our leader was away yesterday so we had a substitute. I FINALLY get why meetings are important! The difference between her and our regular leader was night and day. Our substitute teacher was organized, efficient and actually coached us. She offered helpful suggestions, tips for getting through difficult times and situtations, was positive and above all, actually made me feel like I was paying my money to WW for a reason!

I wish we could have her all the time!

Anyway, in part because of her, I feel like I have the tools to get through this week very well and I'm excited to see where I am at the end of the week.

SW:223

CW:213.5 (Doh! So close to ten pounds!)

GW: 145/50 ish
crack

prunes

i bought some prunes to see if i liked them, because they have lots of fiber, etc. however, they are not good, but i dont want to waste them, anyone have any recipes for waht to do with prunes lol?

i am making myself eat them and pretending they are raisins lol. they are not that bad chilled.

edit: i know you shouldnt make yourself eat things that you dont like, that you should enjoy your food, but i need to try and up my fiber intake, i eat a fruits and veggies but still wanted something that didnt have fiber added. i am having issues with my bowels so i thought it would be worth a shot to give it a try.

Step Aerobics

I am looking for workout ideas that I can do at home. I took an aerobics class years ago, and I really enjoyed the step aerobics part of the workout. I have found the step at both Target and Walmart, but I can't seem to find Step Workout DVDs in stores, only online. I'd rather just go and buy it rather than have to wait for it to come in the mail. Has anyone seen them anywhere? Any recommendations for a great step workout?
BlueMoon

Wii Games

Exercise remains the most difficult part of this weight loss journey for me. Given the demands on my time, I just don't have it in me right now to set aside time to do something I don't enjoy (and no amount of self-talk has convinced me exercise in and of itself is enjoyable). The only cheat I've found is using my Wii. I seriously love that thing. Since it's what works for me, I'm really hoping there are some good games that are a bit more active.

Right now, all I use is my Wii Fit Plus. It's awesome and some activities do make me feel like I've actually been exercising, but I'm wanting more. Does anyone have any suggestions for Wii games that are FUN and active? A lot of people have recommended biggest loser related stuff, but I absolutely hate that. I do not want someone yelling at me. I don't find it motivating at all - it's actually more likely to make me reach for the cookies than not exercising at all.

So, bearing all that in mind, do any of you have suggestions? TIA

WW Journey Began: 10/11/09
WW Start: 210 | WW Current: 183.2 | WW Goal: 130
  • Current Mood
    tired tired