January 25th, 2010

michael

(no subject)

So this semester I am going to be SO busy. Pretty much 3-4 days a week I won't be home for either lunch or dinner. Mondays and Wednesdays I need to be able to bring a lunch and a dinner, and a dinner for Tuesdays most likely. I was thinking of making a big batch of casserole or soup or pasta, etc. and bringing leftovers but I don't want to eat the same thing day after day.

I need something that I can bring and prepare with little effort (I will have access to a microwave). I've been eating the WW progresso soups with saltine crackers but I need to broaden my meals a bit.

Requirements: Need to be able to take it along, needs to stay good (for dinners) from ~10:30 am to 5 pm (so nothing frozen since I won't have a fridge/freezer), microwaveable or no-cooking-required, healthy, not going to get soggy, etc.

What do you guys bring for lunches/dinners?
tree of life

intro

hi all!

im a 34 year old mother of three who is getting back on the ww horse after quite some time...i dont have the $ to join ww right this moment...so i was hoping one of you could help calculate my daily points allowance.

i dl'd a points tracker for my iphone, and am using another food logging app...the issue is that im currently breastfeeding and am unsure just how many pts. im allowed.

stats:

female (obvy)
5'9"
200lbs (as of this morning though i suspect a lot of that is water from brunch yesterday. im usually around 195)
breastfeeding about 10x a day

what i'd like to know is my current pts. and also when it decreases (i seem to remember it adjusts every ten lbs lost?)

thanks so much for anyone who helps!

im hoping to be accountable through this forum...if anyone has any suggestions on weigh in forums, that'd be great!

xo!

becky
birdy
  • sideris

3 minute oatmeal cookie - 3 points

3-Minute Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Makes 1 serving

Delicious, healthy, oatmeal raisin cookie

Ingredients
1/4 cup oats
1 egg white
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Directions
  1. Mix batter

2. Microwave 45 seconds in a microwave safe bowl.

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/3-minute-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-recipe-r315341#ixzz0ddVTcY0j

-----------------OR---------------------

3-Minute Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe - 3 points

Combine the follow ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl:

• 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/8 cup liquid egg whites
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • Cinnamon to taste
This little gem of a recipe was found on
http://carrotsncake.com/

140 kcal

7 g protein

1.5 g fat

40 g carb

17 g sugar

4 g fiber

I'm not a big fan of raisins, so I'd probably try it with dried cranberries instead.  Also, might just do a plain cookie, but add cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg - tea dippin' cookie!

Haven't actually tried this yet, but it would be a good dessert replacement around 10 pm when my will is down, perhaps add some yogurt to it or some whipped cream?