January 24th, 2010

• zechal

YAY!

I met my first big goal (I've had a bunch of mini goals but this was a big one for me)! I've lost 50.5 lbs!!!!!!

Starting weight- 241.5
Current weight- 190

I set small goals for myself and that has really helped me stick to this plan. My next goal is to be at 180!

Stick with it, the plan works! I'm proof!
BlueMoon

Sizes

I've been a little bummed the last three weeks since my progress has slowed dramatically (and I attribute this largely to me - the program is still completely awesome, I just haven't been following it as faithfully of late), but none the less, I've lost enough that I only have two pairs of jeans that really fit me as they should, one of them too dressy to wear on an every day basis, and two that fit me okay, but that I feel frumpy in. I've been reluctant to go buy any others because, ideally, I'm not going to be wearing them very long, but I also hate wearing the same things over and over (plus my work clothes look even more ridiculous on me than my jeans), so I finally gave in and went shopping today. My first time since I joined WW. Oh man.

In women's I am comfortably a size 10/12. In junior's, thanks to having wider hips than a 15 year old, I'm a 15/17. In dress clothes/slacks, I'm a 14. I believe jeans related victories make me far, far happier than scale victories (though I do love those, too!), so today was a good day. It was just so unexpected. The last time I bought clothes, I was barely squeezing my butt into womens/dress 16s with some give to them. YES!

WW Journey Began: 10/11/09
WW Start: 210 | WW Current: 186.6 | WW Goal: 130
  • Current Mood
    good good

Hello

Hi!  Just wanted to do a quick intro.  This feels like my 100th go around with WW.  I really hope I can do something that sticks this time.  Last year I spent a majority of the year kicking and screaming to lose 16lbs on Jenny Craig...then I got married and after my wedding went into major depression/I don't know what to do now with my time mode and ate and stopped exercising and am back to where I started 2009.

I'm a runner...not a fast one, and I'm still working on the whole distance thing...but I've finally gotten back to the point where running is what I do so that's what I'll call myself.  So anywho...since the new year I've been on a plan to tackle my first 10K.  It's going okay...but it would go better if I could get some of this poundage off.

I tried to start WW again on Friday, but this weekend didn't go anything as planned...so tomorrow will be day one for me.  Hopefully the last day one I have.  I'm jaded and really hoping to just have a few healthy days this week so I can "feel it" again.

Stats: (I'm 5'4")

HW..ever - 215
SW - 196

First goal - 185
Goal - 140