January 21st, 2010

pink rose

Balsamic vinegar of Modena

Perhaps slighty off topic, perhaps not given that balsamic vinegar is points free last time I checked and I've always had lovely responses from the members here, so here goes:

I'm making a recipe that calls for this ingredient, yet when I was in the supermarket last night I was astounded by the price variations

Why are some versions so expensive for a tiny amount?

Is this vinegar made with gold dust or something?!

Thanks in advance!
not sure

(no subject)

if someone has the recipe builder on e-toosl, can you please tell me how many points per serving this would be?

3.5 cups of canned black eyed peas
1 large red pepper
1 large green pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 large red spanish onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 freshly squeezed lemon
1 bunch of parsley

i am thinking of splitting it into 6 servings... not sure if that is the best way to calcuate it or not...i have never used it so i am not sure what is the best method to calcuate how many servings it should be.

thank you!!

Vietnamese Chicken Salad Rolls

I order the Vietnamese Chicken Salad Rolls at Pei Wei. The site used to list the nutritionals for the entire order at 7 points for rolls+sauces. Lately they released a new nutrition sheet, and it puts the total at 14 points! I'm not sure how that could be right, especially since the takeout rammekin they give with the peanut butter sauce is small, and usually isn't even halfway full.

I still eat these because they are filling and tasty. I count them for their new total of 14 pts, even though this doesn't seem right. I'm worried if I counted them at 7, I'd end up way over points, but if I count them as 14, I may be sabotoging myself by eating too LITTLE (Because if they are actually closer to 7 pts, that's 7 points for one day I'd be missing out on. That's substantial.)

Anyone know anything about this?