January 17th, 2010

BlueMoon

Back on Track

The week before last was such a battle. Out of no where, I stepped on the scale for a "check in" (I do that once or twice through the week so I'm not shocked terribly on my weigh in day) and I was up three pounds. That's well above my normal fluctuations and nothing about my lifestyle had been different to account for it. No skipped meals, no splurging, no change in activity levels. Nothing. I was not happy and fought the whole week to get back to where I started and not have a gain. Thankfully, I was successful with that.

Last week was rough. Being busy at work meant a lot of missed lunches (which screws up all my hunger signals and messes up my at-home eating habits), going out to dinner at Applebee's was disastrous since I think most of their food is gross and I hate that none of their nutrition information is online, AND last night I went out drinking with friends who are constantly pushing shots and shooters and such at me in addition to my low-point rum and Cokes. I was dreading getting on the scale today, but I was braced as best I could be for a gain.

And I managed to lose 1.2 pounds!!

I'm so happy to be back on track. My normal loss is somewhere between 1 and 2.5 pounds per week and that's completely in range, especially given all the mentioned obstacles of the week. It also feels great to know that even if I'm challenged, I can bounce back with relative ease. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!
  • Current Mood
    good good
jellyfish

choosing a weigh in day

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with this..

I do WW on my own, and always weigh myself on Monday mornings. I am considering looking for a meeting that meets the days I can go. I would prefer to go on Monday nights after I get out of work to keep with the whole Monday thing, but there are none around me that have meetings in the late afternoon. They have one on Sunday mornings, which I could possibly make, although it is quite early for my likings. They also have meetings on Wednesdays and I have every Wednesday off. Do you think if I went on Wed. to weigh in, but then again still started up again, aka, restarting my flex points allowance on Mondays, would mess up my schedule? If so, I will stick with the one Sunday morning meeting option they have..I usually use all of my flex points on Saturday or Sunday since those are the times I need them for going out for dinner/drinks with my bf and friends.

I wanted to go tomorrow morning just to register but am not sure if they are even open on Martin Luther King Day.

Do you find it helpful to go to more than one meeting per week? (I am going to get the unlimited pass if I do join).

I have not chosen a location either since I have a few things to consider before I do. If you join one location but want to check out another is that allowed??
Thank you so much! Any other things to consider would be very appreciated.

(xposted)