January 16th, 2010

not fake Nathan
  • nessun

[Question] Workout DVDs

Well, my Florida trip was a blast, but those three weeks of not goign to weigh-in are demanding payback. I'm up 5 lbs (OUCH), but I'm sure I can get it off. I'm back on track with the tracker and my eating habits, but I have a big problem with the exercise part...

I'm having trouble getting motivated in the cold weather! It's slushy and wet and cold and windy outside (I live in Ontario, near a lake) so I don't want to go outside when I get home from work! I walk to and from work each day, which is a short walk (under 10 minutes) and I walk to meetings once a week (30 minutes each way). But I don't want to walk to the gym - it's a pain to plow through the snow, get all sweaty and have to shower & change just so I can slog through it again to get home.

So I'd like invest in a few workout DVDs. A friend has also loaned me his Wii Fit, so I can see what that's like. But I want some different things to compare.

With all that in mind, does anyone have a recommendation for a workout DVD you love? Something that was easy to start, could modify over time, and didn't require a bunch of extra equipment to do - that's what I want.

I'd love to hear what people liked - I'm willing to pick up 2 or 3 and see what I like best (after all, if I really hate 'em, the second hand store will find someone who wants them). Comments? Recommendations? Anything you truly hated? Or any comments on the Wii Fit? I'd like to hear it all! Thanks guys!!
bazinga

and I'm back...

Name: Valerie

Height: 5'10"

SW (starting weight):  244

CW (current weight): 244

GW (goal weight): 174

Anything else you wanna add
:

I originally joined WW in July 2005 and went from 231 to 163, made Lifetime in April 2006, and kept it off until 2008.  Gained back about 30 and had lost 10 when I found out I was pregnant in May 2009.  Had my baby 2 weeks ago and am looking to lose the 70+ pounds I gained while pregnant.  I was 272 at my last weigh-in at the doctor's before delivering.  I'm currently at 244 according to my scale.  I won't be rejoining WW officially until around Valentine's day, but I'm watching my portions and food choices.  I'm breastfeeding so that is helping a bit, plus I had tons of fluid retention that is finally going down. 

My goal is to lose at least 50lbs by my son's 1st birthday (12.31.10).