January 15th, 2010

SECRET NACHO LOVE AFFAIR

So because I really like you guys, I want to share my amazing discovery from the hungry-girl.com/ cookbook. If you're not yet down with the HG, she is AWESOME. Great for recovering junk food junkies like myself.

One of my super love affairs is with nachos and beer. Two of the most wonderful things in the world.

15 Nachos and a Beer : 33.5 points.
MY MAGIC 15 Nachos and a beer : 5 points! 

The recipe (bolded parts my own suggestions/alterations)
Ingredients:
4 oz. light vanilla soymilk (i was like vanilla, wtf, but it works!)
3 oz. fat-free cheddar cheese (we didn't have fat free blocks of cheddar at my store, but i used 75% fat free!)
1 wedge The Laughing Cow cheese, Light Original Swiss (you could also use 2. would also be awesome.)
2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat stovetop at low-medium heat. Stirring frequently, heat until cheeses have melted and sauce is well mixed and hot.

I had success when i cut the block cheddar into little nickel-sized pieces, first. I also added :
Texas Pete's Hot Sauce
A LOT of onion salt
A LOT of cumin
A little Season-All.

So what's awesome is - a serving of this (1/5th of the pot) with 15 Baked Tostitos - is FOUR POINTS. And it is GOOD. I didn't warm up to it until I added the spices and hot sauce, but it is truly delish. If you're having trouble with it not thickening, take it off the heat - it gets real gooey and awesome! 

I enjoyed mine with an MGD 64 - ONE POINT BEER! 

Lest you doubt the power of this cheese dip, I PIGGED OUT. Instead of dinner I ate two servings of THIS STUFF last night (I know, not so good for me) the night before weigh-in day, and still lost this week! 

Behold, the power of cheese! 
  • Current Mood
    shocked shocked