January 14th, 2010

Program change

Hi everyone--
I'm a longtime WW member/rejoiner attending meetings in Paris. I went back to meetings this week and discovered WW had completely revamped their program. Points are calculated in a completely different way, and no longer called points, but ProPoints. They gave back the weekly extra points (our French program had discontinued these years ago) and call them OptionPlus points.

Has the program changed in other countries? How do you deal with the change? Do you stay on the old program (tempting to me, since all my WW cookbooks and products list the old points values) or take on the new one? (I am reluctant to relearn a whole new system).

The end result of course is still the same...I'm sure under this new system the total calories you get to eat remain the same...it's just a new way to translate calories into points values.

It is very clever of WW to do something like this from a marketing standpoint. Sure, we think it's cool to have a new program...but it also obliges us to buy new cookbooks, tools, etc. From an investment viewpoint, I'm not happy about that at all.

Your thoughts?
WTFq
  • koinaka

Starting again!

My name is Erica and I am a (newly -- yesterday was my bday!) 27 year old college student studying Philosophy and Classics. It's been a few years since I last tried WW. I lost about 20 lbs, but then gained that back (and more!) when I quit. Since then, I've flirted with the idea of losing weight but lacked the motivation to do so. However, I am going to be applying for graduate school in the fall, and I would like to be well on my way to my goal weight by that time! I thought becoming active in this community might motivate me not only to continue with my weight-loss journey but to be happy with myself. I am not the sum total of my weight, and if I can remember that, then I hope that I will gain self-confidence that I need!

Start weight: 305.5.
Highest weight: 305.5
Current weight: 305.5

Here's to seeing the numbers drop!
jacob and mama

(no subject)

Name:   sam

Height:
5' 5"

SW (starting weight): 

CW (current weight): 

GW (goal weight):

i just joined weight watchers and went to my first meeting yesterday.  i have a 17 month old son, and i'm looking to lose some weight before i try to get pregnant with my second child this fall.  i have a job that makes it hard to count on where i'll be at lunch time, so food is sometimes tricky if i don't plan ahead. 

BW3s

Does anyone have any idea how many points are in their boneless wings? I had 3 spicy garlic and 3 parmesan garlic for dinner and I have no idea how many points it would be.