January 8th, 2010

Back home

So for a little more than one week I was on holiday in the UK (returned home yesterday, after involuntarily spending one night in an airport hotel. Love the snow...).
And even though my scales told me this morning that I lost weight during this time (minus 0.5 kg, so overall I lost 9.1 kg now) I still feel horrible, because I know I did not lose it in a very healthy way. Instead of eating proper meals, veggies etc. I ran around the city until I was starving and then got whatever was available (like a cheeseburger or something...). Ew! So basically what I did was eating too little and when I did it was the wrong choice of food.
Although even the city of Cardiff tried to get me back on track. I found this on a board near the bay, and honestly, I had a good laugh at the fact they announced weigh-ins as an 'activity' right between the opening times for a visitor centre and the announcement for an upcoming concert :D

Still, I need to go back onto the plan. Will make my meal plans for the weekend now, then go shopping (through the snow... good exercise). I want to reach a weight where I don't have the feeling to ruin my holiday pics. One chin less would really help with that:

Greetings and salutations!

Name:  Tini. Hallo! 

Height:  5'10"

SW (starting weight):
  184lbs

CW (current weight):  181.4 (yay!)

GW (goal weight):  165lbs

Anything else you wanna add:  Okay, so. I realize I'm coming here from a different starting point of a lot of people. Here's my take on my health : I was always the skinny kid growing up - until I graduated high school I never gained a pound and ate whatever I wanted. Through a combination of aging and some icky meds, my metabolism isn't what it used to be. My goal with WW is to learn to stay full and be moderate with my eating, and get back down to a weight where I'm comfortable. I don't have a really impressive, fabulous goal like a lot of you here, i think my total desired weight loss is something like 19 pounds. It's a little goal, but I need all the support I can get with it!  I don't want to be the skinny kid I used to be - with some weight came boobs and a butt, and hopefully I can keep those around. ;D 

I hope my slightly different mindset is welcome here, and I'm happy to be around! I really love WW so far, I use the eTools and it works perfectly for me. This week was my first weigh-in, down almost 3 pounds already, I know a lot of that is water and stuff, but it is an AWESOME way to start, and I feel really motivated.

I thought I'd bring some of my favorite low-point meals and snacks, too! -

Breakfast that Tastes Like Awesome -
1/2 cup blueberries
Weight Watchers Amaretto cheesecake yogurt
1/2 cup Kashi golean Crunch!

2.5points. You have to put it in a bowl though, or it doesn't feel like eating an ice cream sundae for breakfast. Mmmm.

Decadent Sandwich -
1 slice salami
1 Laughing Cow light cheese wedge
2 slices Weight Watchers whole wheat bread
few slices of cucumber

4 points. Toast the bread first. Spread cheese on toast. To die for if you're a soft cheese lover like me! 

OMFG -
1 Skinny Cow vanilla ice cream sandwich

2 points. EAT IT. HOLY GOD THESE ARE SO GOOD HOW ARE THESE 2 POINTS. I think they're full of a gypsy curse or something.

Clementines are also .5 of a point! Woo~hoo!

Do any of you have some absolute favorite can't live without snacks or treats?