January 4th, 2010

misc - me
  • yzztik

Simply Filling Technique

Is anyone here using the Simply Filling technique instead of counting points?

I switched to it yesterday because I wanted a break from all the tracking, and I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it would be easier since I eat a lot of those foods anyway. It's nice not having to weigh meat or measure out fruits and veggies, but then snacking is a bit more complicated.

I get tired of eating only fruits and veggies for snacks, and would have to count crackers with laughing cow cheese, and humus if I dipped carrots into it, or peanut butter with apple slices. We still get 35 weekly points to use for things like these, but I try to only eat extra points that I've earned through APs.

I'm going to try to find some fat free cheese that I don't have to count (since laughing cow is not) to eat with grapes or crackers so I can keep some protein in my snacks, to help keep me fuller longer, without eating into my WAPs and APs too much.

Anyone have any other suggestions for snacks that are simply filling foods -- other than popcorn?

A couple questions about the rules for this technique:

- brown rice is included, but I am guessing I'd have to count points for white rice?

- several things are limited to once a day -- pasta/potatoes/brown rice, cereal, ground beef/chicken/turkey -- I am taking this to mean that I can eat these things more than once a day, but I'd have to count points for the other times, right?
jellyfish

weight watchers turkey chili

i made this tonight for dinner and it was absolutely delicious, and easy to make! it's a bit spicy but i love it like that!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=50509

this is the first weight watchers recipe i have ever used, but i did buy myself a WW cookbook (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Weight-Watchers-New-Complete-Cookbook-Momentum-Program-Edition/Weight-Watchers/e/9780470504918/?itm=1&USRI=weight+watchers) to be exact and am looking forward to making something else from there this week too!