September 7th, 2009

Core lunches

New user, quick bio:

Lost 30 pounds with ww a year and a half ago. Became a lifetime member, moved to a new city, and stopped going to meetings. Maintained weight for over a year (woot woot!). Various stresses have occured in my life over the last 3-4 months and I've gained about 10 pounds. A little frustrating, but that's life. 

Anyway, before that 10 turns into 30, I need to get back on track! I'm doing core, which I'm not sure even exists as a plan anymore (weight watchers always seems to be updating/modifying their plans), but that's what I lost weight with before, so I figure I'd just start it back up.

The problem: I can't remember what I ate! Breakfast is simple and I have a ww cookbook for dinner recipes, but I really can't remember what I used to eat for lunch on core. So, ideas? 

I'm willing to spend a couple of flex points on lunch (2-3) per day because I am very active and earn quite a few activity points, but ideally the meal would be fully core. It needs to be something I can bring to work with me, or I can buy at a chain-type restaurant (subway, etc.). 

I'm sure you all get this question a lot, so I apologize if this sounds repetative. A link to a similar past question would do just fine! 

Thanks!

Charlotte
Woohoo!

NSV!

When I started WW a month ago, I had one pair of jeans that fit and a closet full of jeans that didn't fit.

I went through the closet yesterday and found 9 pairs of jeans that fit! Yay!
Glasses

A couple of questions regarding points for vegetables

1. Sometimes a different value is given for cooked vs. raw vegetables. Is this due to the fact that some vegetables shrink while cooking, or does cooking them increase their inherent point value? It can be a bit confusing when I measure things such as onions raw, and then cook them, as cooked onions have a higher point value than raw.

2. I know that if you eat several servings of a zero point vegetable, you have to count points. Does this also apply to combinations of vegetables? For example, if I had 2 cups of vegetables, consisting of, say, carrots, broccoli, green beans, and cauliflower, would the points accumulate, or would it be 0 points for those 2 cups?