December 27th, 2008

pur

(no subject)

well i dont appear to be pregnant, i've taken several tests so it looks like i have about 1 month to kick some of the weight i've gained. now that i'm home and Christmas is over, the gluttony stops here. So far I've had 10 points and i get between 18-25 a day. i just want to snack all the time... i need to remember that feeling at the end of the day when you've stayed in your range.

hope everyone is well.
*nothing tastes as good as thin feels*
  • Current Mood
    anxious anxious
  • ww2007

Mental Well-Being

Patients who undergo gastric bypass are required to receive pre- and post-surgical counseling.

This doesn't happen with Weight Watchers.

And the past few months of my life have made me acutely aware of what a significant component that is. After all, if you're even remotely successful on program, you change a huge part of who you are and how you function and interact with other people. Having lost almost 100 pounds now, I realized that things I was blaming on being fat could no longer be blamed on that. I also realized that I don't know what it means to be a size 10 woman in America.

That said, I found a counselor in my area who was willing to explore this with me, as well as work on compulsive eating behavior.

It's been the best thing to happen to me since Weight Watchers, truly. We've addressed how I'm basically unable to interpret meanings behind what people say to me because I'm still processing them as someone who weighed more than 270 pounds. While people may actually be paying me a compliment, I can't differentiate it from being teased.

This is just a friendly plug for mental wellness in addition to physical wellness for someone who may be thinking they need some additional help, too. I could have used a push a few months ago myself.

[x-posted]