December 10th, 2008

oy with the poodles already
  • smobear

Stuffed Bell Peppers!

I made these last night for dinner... I completely made up the recipe as I went! They're quite tasty, but I think I would let the peppers cook a little longer. I actually made double the amount of rice mixture and had way too much leftover, so I altered my "recipe". The leftover rice is great by itself, though! You can omit the red pepper flakes if you don't like spiciness! :) (the recipe format is courtesy of Recipe Builder)

POINTS® Value: 6
Servings:  4

Preparation Time:  15 min
Cooking Time:  30 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
Course: main meals

Ingredients

1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)

1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce

1 tbsp garlic powder
 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

4 item(s) bell pepper(s)

1 1/2 cup(s) Minute Instant, whole grain brown rice

1/2 medium onion(s)
 1 1/2 cup(s) water

8 oz canned black beans

1/2 cup(s) canned yellow corn

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Add onion. Cook until beef is done and onion is beginning to go transparent.
2. Add black beans and corn.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, and uncooked rice. Stir all ingredients and let sit while you complete the next step.
4. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove all insides. Stand them up securely in a casserole or glass baking dish.
5. Fill each pepper mostly full with rice mixture. Put dish with peppers into the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check rice and peppers for doneness and add more time as appropriate.
6. Top with FF shredded cheddar, if desired. (This will alter the Points value!)
7. Enjoy!

blah,weight gain....

I feel so disappointed in myself. And flabby, too.
I hit my 10% in the beginning of November. But, between then and now I've gained back at least 7 pounds, 3 this week. 7?! Gross. I know what some of the problems are and I'm trying to fix them. But, I keep sabotaging myself. My biggest problem seems to be that I'm not taking my lunch to work and I'm making bad choices while I'm there. I work at a co-op and we have great food, but 5 days of 16oz soups and a huge roll and cookie can add up to something like 12 points a day and makes a huge dent in my wallet. I've made all sorts of excuses like I was sick and I just moved and I need to grocery shop. But seriously, why all of my excuses? I hate that people know what they are doing isn't what they want to be doing be we all still do it anyway.
I feel like I need motivation but I'm not sure what will motivate me? I'm really excited that I'll be able to buy new running shoes after then first of the year that actually fit my feet properly. I'm doing a 5k on Sunday and I'm hoping that will get me back into the swing of exercise and help me remember how awesome a brisk walk or jog feels. All of my physical activity lately has been due to moving and walking around stores. Oh, and I've used a Wii a few times in the past month at my folks house.
So far, I haven't been tempted or around any christmas cookies. I'm hoping I can avoid them, if I do I'll treat myself to something nice after the holiday as a reward. I really want not gain any more weight!!!! I had a Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bar for the first time in years and decided it wasn't worth the 8 points I thought it would be.

Any motivational ideas?
ww

so

I did a rather panicked and unhappy post ealier in my own journal, basically unsure as to how  I had done on the discover plan I suppose for america its the momentum? 
I really could not see how I could have eaten what I have and still had a loss, well Just back from my weigh in and 3.5lb off!! I am totally gob smacked I really thought I was going to gain.
Impressed and I will be sticking with the discover plan this coming week.
How are you all finding the new plan? Are you sticking with it? I used the ideas and stuck to the points in the plan to adapt to something that suited me. It def works

so... I am 22lb down :D
  • Current Mood
    pleased pleased