December 3rd, 2008

Adam and Adam Jr

Aww so close!!

I was so close to making my goal and just missed it slightly!! I wanted to be under 200 by tomorrow, my son's first birthday. My weigh in was this morning and I am 201.8...so close. I am sad though because I did try, just the holidays mess me up. Thanksgiving and my son's 1st birthday party threw me off...I had a loss but if those days didn't happen, I probably would have made goal. Ah well. I have been not so strict on the weekends lately, dipping into a lot of weekly points. And I have been losing but like 1 pound a week instead of 2 or 3...so for the next few weeks before Christmas, I don't have any major events going on so I am going to be strict like before and hopefully next week I can have at least a 2 pound loss to get me out of the 200s!!

New Goal: 195 by December 31st.

Psh I am so disappointed with myself :(

Hope everyone had a great holiday though!!
  • Current Mood
    disappointed disappointed
  • Tags
  • yulya_b

Experiment

Let me introduce myself. I am a postdoctoral fellow in Harvard Medical School, doing research in health behavior, specifically weight management and diet.

If you have 10 minutes and don't mind to help, may I ask you to participate in a psychological experiment http://braverman.net76.net/Experiments/RegFocus/Study3/ . I desperately need the data. I will post the results as soon as the study is done. On my (yulya_b ) livejournal page you can find some results of the previous studies.
Your help is highly appreciated! Thank you indeed!

So I have to learn how to cook

One of the reasons I gained 50 pounds is because NYC has delivery of many places til 2am. That said,

How do you guys prepare your meats, fish and chicken to be CORE but also tasty?

I am a fan of Spike, but oil/butter wise I guess I have to smarten up.

Anything that helps you really enjoy the taste?

Jeans

I really wish that all jeans of the same size and style all fit exactly the same....
I had 3 pairs of DKNY Soho jeans, nothing exciting, just jeans. I had a 14L, a 14R and a 12L. The 14R we smaller than the 12L with a really long crotch and never really fit right. The 14L are now to big and I bought them the day I started WW back in May (rewarding yourself for deciding to finally lose weight was a great idea, but buying pants for the reward was a dumb one.) I then bought a pair of 12L for my birthday. Today I took back the ill fitting 14R and thought they could be replaced with a 12R but no, I bought 2 pairs of 14R. I did gain a little bit of weight last month due to all the insanity but not enough to go back up a size, a mer 5 pounds. Silly clothes manufactures.

Grrr. I mentally like being a size 12, even though I'll admit I'm more a size 14. If only my bottom half would hurry up and catch up with my chest.
the valley

nootch!

Does anyone know the points value for nutritional yeast (if there is any)? I'm going to guess a serving is considered the normal 2 tablespoons :]

Thanks!
  • Current Mood
    contemplative contemplative
  • Tags
Tom Brady- mata090680 and pokecharm

Green Bean Casserole.... kind of.

I just made one of the most awesome (Read: Fattening) tasting things I've made in a long time. It's kinda like Green Bean casserole, but healthy.

16oz Green Beans (I used fresh)
3/4 C. Mushrooms
1 Red Pepper (festive!)
1 can 98% FF Cream of Mushroom soup
3/4 C Unsweetened Almond Milk (Can use regular, Almond is SUPER low in calories though)
1 wedge laughing cow swiss light
1/4 C FF Chedder Cheese (could just use another laughing cow wedge, but I had both on hand so I used both)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Optional (but HIGHLY recommended): Morningstar/Boca/Quorn chicken patties

Mix together veggies, milk, and soup
Pam a casserole dish
add mixture
sprinkle cheese on top (cut up laughing cow in teeeeny pieces and distribute)
Salt/Pepper the whole thing

Preheated oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes (I like my green beans a bit crunchy so I did 25)

To each serving: Mircrowave a chicken patty and cut it up (the breading of the chicken with the creamy casserole makes this recipe taste soooo BAD for you!)

Makes 3 HUGE servings for 2 pts per serving (Add 3 pts for the Chicken patty = 5 pts)
Or 6 servings for 1 pt apiece (plus chicken = 4 pts)

*Even with Skim milk, the points stay the same- just a bit higher in calories

Dinner was so good.