November 21st, 2004

Nikon D200

The policy of Truty

I weighed in on Thursday and lost 2 lbs, which I was very happy about and in which I posted about as well.

But here's the problem:

Thursday is my "Forget" day. And when I say my "Forget" day, I mean I don't think about points at all that day. It's my one day a week that I forgo everything and eat. I've done this for 4 years now, and after losing as much weight as I have, I normally find no issue with it.

Until this past thursday. You see normally, as I said, I have no problems haveing my own "forget" day or a splurge day, but Thursday I did. Over the past few weeks I've become extremely serious about my Weight Watchers program. Don't get me wrong, I'm serious about it to begin with, but I've become MORE serious lately. I think it's a combination of getting the 12 week journal, as well as posting entries here as well as reading the thoughts from everyone else out there.

So i felt EXTREMELY guilty.

Which in a way by itself, is good. Guilt helps keep me on my path, at least guilt in regards to losing weight.

But the next day I was right back where I should have been. Yet I still had a lingering...feeling in my stoomace about the whole thing.

And to top it all off, I helped my best friend and his wife move into their new house. I know I went over my points for the day and into my Flex Points, because Joey's wife brought home WENDY'S and brought lunch home, and then took me out to dinner to say thank you. I'd like to think moving all day, up and down stairs, moving a big-screen tv, couches and a love seat, and a bunch of other boxes helped balance out my points since I helped from 10am until about 9pm when we left for dinner.

We'll see on Thursday when I weigh in, I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well!

~Dusty

X-post to WWUSERS