September 20th, 2004

• howhite

Back Again

Well, I'm back on WW again. I read on a website (I believe it was WebMD) that a gain of even 5 lbs can negatively affect quality of life. Well, I have found out the hard way that this is true. :( I lost about 20 lbs and gained five of it back. I can't believe how much I weighed to start with if a gain of five lbs back is so uncomfortable!

I managed to maintain about 180 for 5 months off-program after coming down from over 200. Now I'm at about 185 or 186. It suckies. So it's time to go back to the trenches and fight for my life again.

The funny thing is that it's not really a hard battle once I'm committed to it. It's the committment that proves to be the hurdle. Convincing myself that I WANT to invest the effort into my life. Sheesh.

I'm going through a divorce and a new boyfriend that I just moved in with...crazy I know, but we are good to each other and crazy about one another. I basically left my husband for this person, as much as I hate to admit it. I got married to entirely the wrong person for entirely the wrong reasons. *sigh*. So when I found a right person, I was completely at the mercy of my feelings. I am also applying for grad school. I have so much stress right now. I feel challenged to make a lifestyle change in the midst all of this stress, but continuing to gain weight will only add to my tension.

Wish me luck!
  • Current Mood
    nervous nervous