?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Oct. 25th, 2005

I have a theory that, as far as I can tell, hasn't been discussed here before, concerning romantic triangles between certain characters. Also, my personal opinion about the upcoming Lost character death.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1308

Lost was mentioned in Out magazine, asking Damon Lindelof about the addition of gay characters on the island. His full quotation can be read in the link below, but in the end he finishes, "...read all these articles in The New York Times about guys on the down low... and we'd love to have a gay couple. That would be awesome. So all I'm going to say is, watch season 2."

Also, it has been established that there is going to be a Kate/Ana Lucia/Sawyer love triangle this season.

Also, in today's Watch With Kristin on eonline, an interesting tidbit came up:

From treelie: On Lost, Kate said she never said goodbye to Sawyer and began ripping letters open. What does this mean, and does Kate like Sawyer now?

Kristin: All I can tell you is a little eye-popping poop from my rock-solid Lost source: "There is a big kiss coming. Involving Kate and someone else. And it ain't Sawyer. And it's hot. Not a dream. Not a flashback. Not a cop-out." Whee!

This leads me to think that Kate is going to have a steamy kiss, not with Sawyer as most of us would like to believe, but with Ana Lucia. The love triangle will be Kate centered, with both Ana Lucia and Sawyer vying for her attention. Steamy!

Also, I have 2 theories on the upcoming Lost character death. I honestly didn't see how they could kill off a main female character, considering how few females are featured on the island. For me, this means that it will be Danielle that bites it. I think that she will realize that the bear-toting other we saw in the last episode is Alex, and she will go after him/her accordingly. As for who will kill her? I'm predisposed to think Libby, as I have a theory she is, like Ethan Rom, an "Other" masquerading as a fight 815 survivor.

I also have another theory that the cast member who dies is also the cast member who is the killer. I have a nagging feeling that the female cast member to die will take her own life.

Comments

( 58 comments — Leave a comment )
phoenix_anew
Oct. 25th, 2005 03:01 pm (UTC)
I had read in TV guide that it was actually going to be a love square, adding Jack into the mix.. so her big steamy kiss could also be with Jack. They've certainly been hinting at it enough.
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 03:43 pm (UTC)
Agreed, it very well could be Jack. Though, I doubt a kiss between Kate and Jack could be any steamier than the Kate/Sawyer kiss, but thats just me.
(no subject) - goldberry722 - Oct. 25th, 2005 03:54 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - frakkthat - Oct. 26th, 2005 12:41 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - goldberry722 - Oct. 26th, 2005 01:59 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - phoenix_anew - Oct. 25th, 2005 04:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
lisianthia
Oct. 25th, 2005 03:13 pm (UTC)
I like the suicide theory.
waking_epiphany
I like your icon :-P
dorklogic
Oct. 25th, 2005 03:27 pm (UTC)
it's gonna be hugo and charlie.

charlie is gonna drug the fat man, he's gonna put heroine in some fake peanut butter.

Then he's gonna take old hurley down to Pound Town.
waking_epiphany
If Hurley and Charlie are going to be the ones who kill/are killed, it would have to be out of love. TheirloveissoRomeoandJuliet.
(no subject) - dorklogic - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:04 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - jadedone2many - Oct. 26th, 2005 06:15 am (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 03:44 pm (UTC)
Agreed, if it ended up being some sort of TheOC second season "I'm a lesbian but 3 weeks later I'm not" kind of deal. The writers would have to be careful they're not jumping the shark if they do something like that.
(no subject) - dorklogic - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:05 pm (UTC) - Expand
emaline5678
Oct. 25th, 2005 04:57 pm (UTC)
I think if Kate does kiss anyone it'll be Jack. I can't wait for that! I mean, they've been hinting about it forever. Just check out that shower scene a few episodes ago. The look on Jack's face was priceless. He wanted to be that towel around Kate, believe me!

I think a gay relationship would be great too, but I hope it's not a brief oh-i'm-just-experimenting-thing cause that's just lame. My guess it'll be Ana-Lucia ...or Hurley could be gay as well. How hot would a gay millionaire be!
dorklogic
Oct. 25th, 2005 05:08 pm (UTC)
charlie and hurley.

pound town.

just saying.
(no subject) - audie12 - Oct. 26th, 2005 03:10 pm (UTC) - Expand
promiseoftin
Oct. 25th, 2005 05:20 pm (UTC)
Vincent will be gay with Sparky from South Park. Canines in the 3-5 age bracket (that's 21-35 dog years) will go nuts.

Ummm, yeah, to be honest, the suicide seems very likely. Sun would be the obvious answer because of her growing grief over Jin. But there's some fishy about Turniphead that I think might just flip Claire out (despite the "confirmation" she's "safe.")
dorklogic
Oct. 25th, 2005 05:23 pm (UTC)
lol. it's JAPANESE people who like to gut themselves at the first sign of trouble.

Koreans don't do that, they just... like... eat a dog or something.

OH NOS I JUST FIGGER'D IT OUT!

VINCENT IS FUCKED.
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - dorklogic - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 05:28 pm (UTC) - Expand
Vince/Sparky shippers! - promiseoftin - Oct. 25th, 2005 07:56 pm (UTC) - Expand
Re: Vince/Sparky shippers! - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 09:31 pm (UTC) - Expand
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 06:20 pm (UTC)
Also, another point I had forgotten until now (as I sit at my desk at work, with nothing to do) was the conversation between Ana Lucia and Sawyer when they were on their way back to the main survivor's camp. She barks at him, "You married?" and when Sawyer replies no, she asks, "You gay?"

She's probably just being nosy. Or maybe she's attracted to him and wants to rule out the possibility that he into guys. Or maybe...she's gay herself, and wondering if she's the only one on the island. It's a long shot, but I'm trying to support my arguement here.
mark_and_roger
Oct. 25th, 2005 07:45 pm (UTC)
LOL, didn't he not answer though? Maybe he's the one that's gay. ;)
(no subject) - barefootinsand - Oct. 25th, 2005 08:54 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - mark_and_roger - Oct. 25th, 2005 09:15 pm (UTC) - Expand
mark_and_roger
Oct. 25th, 2005 07:04 pm (UTC)
I hope the kiss isn't between Ana Lucia and Kate. For one, I don't like Ana Lucia. ;) But also I have nothing against showing lesbians but I feel like girl/girl kisses are too used on tv as a desperate attempt to titillate the audience rather than it being a real lesbian relationship. I'd much prefer to see two men kissing (and having a relationship) just because we get that less in network shows (LOL and I'm not just saying that as a gay man).

I think it'd be really interesting if they chose to show suicide. It's something that I hadn't really thought about and it'd defintely surprise me. I don't want any more of the main 14 (I include Boone still in that number...) but for some reason I feel like it's them that will be the big, hinted at deaths just because those are the ones we're the most heavily devoted to.
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 07:20 pm (UTC)
Haha, I don't like Ana Lucia either. I think that's a general concensus of the fandom (not that everyone isn't entitled to their opinions, rabid Ana Lucia fangirls/guys). And I agree, putting on a lesbian kiss or relationship is too often used as a gimmick for ratings (see The OC, and others). But as the writers hinted on a Ana Lucia/Kate/Sawyer triangle, I'd much rather enjoy Ana Lucia putting the moves on Kate than putting the moves on Sawyer. Unless its a love rectangle, and its Jack/Sawyer/Ana Lucia/Kate, then I think everyone would agree that Jack/Sawyer would be the hottest pairing there.

And the writers did say it would be a main character that dies, so most likely, there will be many woebegonefans the day after the next new episode. They want to issue a blow, making it perfectly clear that nobody is safe. Those bastards.
(no subject) - mark_and_roger - Oct. 25th, 2005 07:51 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 07:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - mark_and_roger - Oct. 25th, 2005 09:18 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - barefootinsand - Oct. 25th, 2005 08:56 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - mark_and_roger - Oct. 25th, 2005 09:11 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - barefootinsand - Oct. 25th, 2005 10:13 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - kikimouse - Oct. 25th, 2005 10:35 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - barefootinsand - Oct. 25th, 2005 11:55 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - kikimouse - Oct. 26th, 2005 02:12 am (UTC) - Expand
veela_valoom
Oct. 25th, 2005 10:37 pm (UTC)
I don't want lesbian/homosexual action such as hot steamy kisses, I'll be honest. I'm rather conservative like that. And generally its cheaply done just to be hip. If it fits into the story then yes but someone whoses been there for awhile suddenly coming out just seems fake and way too planned for rating reasons. If a new person/the others/something like that have some homosexuality going on I'm fine with that. But don't mess with the characters I'm invested in.

And why does Kate have to be involved in the kiss? I've been waiting for some Charlie and Claire steamy kissing. Even if they are "cutesy" it could be a hot kiss. I mean, they actually have got to know each other and care about one another and to me that's a bigger kiss than two random characters or some of the main ships who haven't seemed to do anything but run around the jungle and fight. Also what about Shannon/Sayid? There is some major attraction there and they've gone pretty daggon' far. And isn't the next episode Shannon centered? So why not them. They scream steamy more than the other couples.

And about the death, as long as it's not Claire let the heads roll.

Why do you think Libby is evil? I dont' have that predisposition towards her.

Cassi
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 11:14 pm (UTC)
Aside from Sawyer and Kate, who have kissed in the present time on the island, Sun and Jin, and Rose and Bernard, really any other character's sexual orientation is up in the air, Jack, Michael, Claire, Charlie included. Just because someone has been married in the past does not mean they cannot be gay. I think the writer's have been careful not to reveal characters' sexual orientation because they want you to know the character themselves before people start assigning them sexual stereotypes. Already you feel like the writer's would be betraying you if a character ends up being homosexual, which is precisely why they've been mum about characters' sexual orientation for so long, which is entirely your opinion, which I can respect, but not necessarily agree with.

Also, from Damon Lindelof:

"To be honest with you, we have asked this question of ourselves many, many times. We didn't want to do the token gay character. We want to introduce characters in the nonstereotypical way, so they aren't branded by their identities. If we have a gay character on the show, what is the [story] arc going to be? We don't want him to be 'the gay guy.' We want him to be 'the guy who is also gay.' If I were to tell you Harold Perrineau's character [Michael] is actually gay, would that surprise you? After all, he had a girlfriend 10 years ago, he got her pregnant, and they split ways."

I agree with you that sometimes a lesbian-slated storyline is done for ratings, but like I said, this is only a theory.

As for what you said about the kiss, it was confirmed by Ask Kristin on eonline that Kate would be sharing a steamy kiss with someone who isn't Sawyer. Sayid and Shannon have already kissed.
(no subject) - veela_valoom - Oct. 25th, 2005 11:20 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 11:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - veela_valoom - Oct. 26th, 2005 04:38 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ledzep202 - Oct. 26th, 2005 06:23 pm (UTC) - Expand
koalafrog
Oct. 25th, 2005 11:20 pm (UTC)
I like these theories. Finally something actually new and fresh to think about =]

Like other have said, I hope there's not a lesbian thing going on, because it does seem to be used a lot in TV shows and films to entice the male audience. And it usually doesn't add up to much, since most of them are "experimental" relationships and not real gay-girl relationships... i.e The OC like someone mentioned earlier.

I don't know, sometimes it seems like shows are trying too hard to be all-inclusive by having a "token" minority/gay/fattie/etc. on the show, and it's pretty obvious to most of us when we see them trying to hard for things like this. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them incorporate more non-generic characters into shows, but not when it's solely for PC reasons or whatever.

& I really really like the suicide theory. I almost thought Sun would be the one to die, and would kill herself after the episode a couple weeks ago where they find the bottle. =[
waking_epiphany
Oct. 25th, 2005 11:33 pm (UTC)
Yes, when I thought about this theory, unfortunately the trend of lesbians-for-ratings came to mind. I say, if not lesbian-for-ratings, why not cute gay men kissing for ratings! Though that too would be for exploitations sake and not for the storyline, unfortunately. Let's hope that if a homosexual relationship came to be on Lost, it can portrayed as a healthy, loving homosexual relationship for what it is and not for sensationalism.

If my Ana Lucia/Kate kiss were to pan out, however, I kind of imagined it as Ana Lucia putting the moves on Kate, maybe laying a kiss on her unexpectantly. Kate would be flattered but would ultimately let her know she prefers men, as we could plainly see with her tongue exploring Sawyer's mouth with vigor in season 1.

I never really considered Sun to be the suicidal type, only because she seems to have gotten to be so much stronger in the last episodes of season 1 and now season 2. But on the other hand, she has realized her love for Jin since he has been at sea. What if she were to receive some sort of sign that he was dead, even if he wasn't? That might cause her to commit suicide.
(no subject) - kikimouse - Oct. 25th, 2005 11:40 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - waking_epiphany - Oct. 25th, 2005 11:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - kikimouse - Oct. 26th, 2005 02:11 am (UTC) - Expand
dangerbabies
Oct. 26th, 2005 01:11 am (UTC)
this is a spoiler ...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/_we_are_lost/577997.html
if it's true it may or may not prove or disprove one of your theories
(i dont want to be more specific because i don't want to give it away if you don't want to be spoiled!)

i dont want any of them to die! how annoying. i wish they'd had the killer be a woman and the victim be a man, instead. then it wouldnt be like we're losing (our illusions of?) two female characters.
darbi42
Oct. 26th, 2005 02:46 am (UTC)
Hmmm
So, Kate kisses someone on the island, it's hot, it's steamy, and it's not Sawyer. Okay. I will lose all respect for this show, if they try and force a gay/lesbian whatever aspect in, just for the sake of having a gay/lesbian character.

Now, there has been nothing, NOTHING to suggest that Kate might be bi or Michael could possibly be on the down low or anyone else on that island, being homosexual for that matter. And honestly, who cares if they are or not? What impact would it have ultimately. It's not like being gay is a survival skill. Nor is being Black, White, Korean, Iraqi, male, female. I hate when shows feel like they have to try and represent ALL aspect of society. It becomes so cliche. Up until now, I doubt very seriously if anyone was sitting on their couch each and every Wednesday night watching this show going, "Now, when does the gay person show up? Because he or she is really going to get this thing going!"

Geez!

jadedone2many
Oct. 26th, 2005 06:29 am (UTC)
Re: Hmmm
Up until now, I doubt very seriously if anyone was sitting on their couch each and every Wednesday night watching this show going, "Now, when does the gay person show up? Because he or she is really going to get this thing going!"

Agreed!!!
Re: Hmmm - achipiquonque - Oct. 28th, 2005 07:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
Re: Hmmm - cerealgirl - Oct. 28th, 2005 08:12 pm (UTC) - Expand
Re: Hmmm - achipiquonque - Oct. 28th, 2005 09:48 pm (UTC) - Expand
surrexi
Oct. 27th, 2005 05:52 am (UTC)
JACK! JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK!

Why, yes. I *do* ship Jack and Kate. Heeeeee.

That's it. No more spoilers for me. If the kiss does end up being with Jack, I want to be as unspoiled as possible for it, so that it will be almost as awesome as Syd and Vaughn's first kiss.
( 58 comments — Leave a comment )