Elizabeth Haynes (mommy1152004) wrote in _war_on_drugs_,
Elizabeth Haynes
mommy1152004
_war_on_drugs_

• Mood:

Injustice for some??

Some one answer me this please. I took a "random" drug test on the 7th of Nov. I haven't taken anything other than the following things in the past 3 months: Prozac, Benadryl, a tetnus booster, birth control pills, ibprophen, and ETOH (alcohol, but I tested positive for benzodiazapines (valium, ativan, xanax). I am in grave danger of being dropped from my nursing classes because of this. Like I said, though, I haven't taken any benzodiazapines. What could cause this kind of false positive reading? I am really stressing this, because I could be thrown out of school for something that I haven't done. Please help if you know anything about this!! I am making really good grades and I don't want to have done all of this hard work for nothing. I had to jump through a million hoops just to be able to go to school this semester. I am definately not going to do anything to jeprodize my education, and I don't want this to go down without a fight!!!

What's really gotten under my skin more than anything else, though is the thought that this might be something that someone is doing to get me kicked out. I don't want to think things like that, but I know I haven't done any pills like that. Also, I have been told time and again by my instructors that I will not be allowed to see the first two reports from LabCorp. They refuse to even tell me which benzodiazapine I have tested positive for.

I really hope someone can give me a clue at least as to where to look for this information, because I really can't afford to be kicked out of school. I started nursing school once before, when I was 18. I did not appriciate the gift of higher education then, but now that I have a husband and a daughter that will be 2 years old in 2 months, I have a greater apprication for my education. I want to be able to have a career in psychiatric nursing, because when I was younger and needed help myself, I realized how underserved the mentally ill can be.

If anyone knows anything either comment on this posting, or e-mail me at tommy_n_liz_haynes@hotmail.com.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments