snicket_file (snicket_file) wrote in _vfdsnicketfile,
snicket_file
snicket_file
_vfdsnicketfile

I had a theory, well i have many theories, most of the time i think i've worked it out and i do a full 180 and end up back where i started. All i'm left with are questions!
Can you help me, or even add more confusion.
I did have a theory that perhaps Mrs Baudelaire was Kitty, but that didn't work.
I get confused about just how old L Snicket is, is he alive at the same time as the Baudelaires? Well, he must be because Kitty, his sister is, and Jacques, his brother was. But why then, in I can't remember which book - I shall have to look it up, does he talk about a box which has a key, inside the box is another box, in that is a map of the Baudelaire's neighbourhood with notations all over it.
Why would his forefathers be investigating the Baudelaire fire if it had not yet occurred?
As for the triplets theory, does this mean that Olaf himself has two other siblings? and in turn does that mean you have to be from a family of three to be a volunteer? It appears that way. The Baudelaires, The Quagmires, the sisters from the acting troop.
Where did all the fortunes come from? Are they old money or new? How did the families have time to earn such large quantities of money/diamonds etc. if they spend their time fighting fire?
Do the Baudelaires die in the 13th book? Snicket speaks with much conviction that they never return to a certain park they frequented as children. How would he know this if he is alive at he same time? Or do they live the remainder of their life in the self-sustaining hot air balloon? Or does that park end up on fire?
How can this end well? Will good really overcome evil, or will they try to co-exist?!!

Most importantly, how will Handler fit all these answers into the one book. I'm afraid that perhaps we may reach the end of the series with more questions that answers
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 18 comments