May 8th, 2006

Wanted: Actress. Situation: DESPERATE!

Hi there UTS -
My name is Sabina-Elease (bio quickly: I'm from New York, studying media arts and am only here for a semester) and I realize this is a bit unorthodox, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I am posting because my to be stellar film has, as of yet, no actress. It's the final project for Creative Techniques for Shorts, and the time here is really dwindling away. Let me lay out the plot for you first:
It's a romantic comedy spoof where the female lead wakes up after a night of drinking to discover she's cheated on her boyfriend. He leaves her a voice message breaking up with her, and she resolves to get him back. The next chunk of film is her running around town trying to get to him in his apartment before he leaves. There would be literal running, and just crazy ridiculous stuff, like hopping on a bus to go one block, and climbing up stairs to only go right back down the other side. Silly stuff, really. She finally gets to him and he doesn't take her back, and walks off with some other chick. Or something like that. The ending needs to be a bit better than that.

So that's the premise. This is not a serious film, but a funny look at how far people will go to impress a significant other as defined by the romantic comedy genre. It would be heaps fun to make I promise. Ideally, I would love to get this shot this week. Two full days should do it (to be absolutely safe, but we probably won't need that time). Also, some previous acting background / comfortableness in front of a camera would be preferrable, but not absolutely essential.

Actually also, there is a spot for the aforementioned boyfriend. He's got an extremely small spot, but while the female lead is racing around town, I want to intercut him in his room moping around after the breakup. He should be pathetic as heck and overly sappy.

I should also mention that this isn't a paid job or anything, but lunch and drinks would be on me for the days we shoot. And of course, you'd also get your name in much prominence in the credits.

So, if any of this interests you and would like to discuss this further, write to me at sabina-elease.utley@student.uts.edu.au and we can get together.

Thanks!