tj (unfitprizon) wrote in _underoath,
tj
unfitprizon
_underoath

bad news for tocs favorors

Straight from HM Magazine's website here is part of an interview with good ol Underoath Keyboardist, Chris Dudley:

~HM:"Now you told me earlier you’re recording the new album in October. What are we expecting with the new songs?"

~CD: "Yep! We have the album almost halfway written. It’s a whole lot different than We’re Only Chasing Safety, like I said, every record we put out is way different than the one before it. It’s been like that since we were in high school. The new records going to be a lot heavier, more screaming, and a lot less of the ‘verse/chorus/verse/chorus.’ We’re just writing what we like to write, as things in our personal lives change, we change, so our music changes with it as well. If people don’t like it, that’s cool. There’ll be a lot of 12-year-old girls who are upset with it, but we don’t really mind that."

~HM: "What are you hoping to accomplish with this new record?"

~CD: "Honestly, I just want to keep doing what we’re doing. When we were getting started, there was a venue down in Florida where we live, it’s not huge or anything, but it was a great place to play. We aspired to play there. We always said, ‘Man, if we could play here, that would rock.’ We ended up playing there with Zao, and we thought, ‘Dude, we’ve made it!’ Then later on we aspired for something bigger, we wanted to headline that place. I’m at a point now where if we stayed and did what we’re doing right now, I’d be completely happy. We’ll never be a band that’s winning Grammys, and selling millions of records. We’re ok with that. I just want to keep doing what we’re doing. I could do this for the rest of my life. This record might not sell as well because it’s not 'pop,' but like I said before, we’re not aspiring to go platinum"

So basicly Chris says that The 'Oath will enter the studio in OCTOBER and there will hopefully be a new record out by MARCH of next year (Hold your breath, bottle it up...oh you get it!) This "NEW CD" will not be as "pop" and there will be more SCREAMING less SINGING (sorry Aaron) AND don't expect the same ol' same ol' when it comes THE SONG FORMULA. There you go kiddies indulge!

Heres the whole thing, check 'er out....
http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusive/underoath_interview200503/index.php
Subscribe

• Selling a signed poster...

Hey! I just found a signed Underoath poster from Warped Tour 2006. It was signed by all the members of the band at the time... I don't know if…

• (no subject)

HEY!, i'm not really too into the LJ community but what the hell haha, I wanna share with all of you my new Underoath's Fan Page, made only by me…

• Warped Underoath pics :)

Hey! I never knew underoath had an lj community!! I saw the guys play @ Warped in VA and was completely blown away by their set! I was barrier and…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 14 comments

• Selling a signed poster...

Hey! I just found a signed Underoath poster from Warped Tour 2006. It was signed by all the members of the band at the time... I don't know if…

• (no subject)

HEY!, i'm not really too into the LJ community but what the hell haha, I wanna share with all of you my new Underoath's Fan Page, made only by me…

• Warped Underoath pics :)

Hey! I never knew underoath had an lj community!! I saw the guys play @ Warped in VA and was completely blown away by their set! I was barrier and…