iheart45s (iheart45s) wrote in _tomwaits_,
iheart45s
iheart45s
_tomwaits_

Knoxville show..

Ok...so I went to the Knoxville show. And I loved it. Mostly.

Here's my question though. Has anyone else noticed the strange cartoony high pitched voice he's been doing? I'm not sure if it was just Knoxville sound or if he's been doing it this entire tour, but it really threw me off. Also, how does everyone feel about the band he's touring with? Don't get me wrong. I love Tom and my infatuation with him and his music is huge, however the first part of the Knoxville show really dissapointed me. I'm not sure if it was the band or the rearrangements of the songs, but it seemed almost, dare I say, a little bit slow jazzy? It felt like he wasn't into it for the first part of the show and was just going through the movements.

Ok, that said, as soon as he sat down at the piano and busted out Christmas Card, everything was right with the world. The rest of the performance I enjoyed immensely and couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was just the first half that had me thrown off. I don't know if it's just me and my love of his older stuff, or if anyone else caught this too?
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 5 comments