Cassandra Gunn (ultraviolet) wrote in _thedarkgemini_,
Cassandra Gunn
ultraviolet
_thedarkgemini_

Update

Just want people to know the project hasn't died. After all I did say it would be a while before I truely brought this into the public ;D

I'm about to start pimping this place to the public and just going to update you all with some of the info (Which I also posted on my art community).

I want the original idea behind DG to grow and be something more than just two artists working together, but a whole communituy working on many projects and to strive for artistic growth and excellence. It's going to have several levels or aspects to it.

1. Apprenticeship level - This level means the artist is part of the group, but has some work to go before they will be brought into official folio projects. There will monthly challenges set up for Apprentices, aiming to help them better themselves. Apprentice's art will be open to critiques and continually helped and encouraged in anyway, by any one in the community. At some point we may discuss releasing a CD full of apprentices works as means of exposure for these artists with great potential :)

2. Studio Level - This Level is for artists who are accepted as folio quality. Seperate themes or challenges will be given to them to submit for themed folios which we will discuss in the future. Though anyone can submit ideas for folio themes. I would like to make at least one themed, hard copy folio a year. But this may change in time. Of course these will be published and sold and there is money to be had once they have been made.

3. Prime Level - Right now there will only be one other of these accepted. This will be the other artist I work with. An artist willing to devote time to continue the official part of the dark gemini project. I will, in time, choose the artist to work with.

All in all the whole project and community's goal will be to improove artists current skills as well to expose thier talents :D (Oh no, bare naked talents!)

Basically people can apply with samples of their art work. Based on this they become either a Studio level artist or an apprentice artist. Right now, I am thinking there will only be one other space available for a Prime level artist.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments