[ times | before ]
[ ah, the old days | memories ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ calendar | livejournal calendar ]

MUSIC/WEB RECC. [22 Feb 2010|08:21pm]

mayden

WEBSITE RECOMMENDATION

If you like big band, swing, or jazz in general
and particularly the 1920s - 1960's period in music.
I'm recommending this site:

<td width="30%"></td><td width="5%">
</td>
 | www.jazz-on-line.com |

and why do I like this site...?Collapse )

share your thoughts

I Need your Help - Please VOTE FOR ME!!! [17 Mar 2009|12:40pm]

bowtieguyuk2000
This is so weird....

I’ve been nominated as Great British Eccentric of the Year 2009 (I think it’s odd, but I accept the nomination….I shall probably lose out to some group or fan club or clique).

So, I really would appreciate it if you could get everyone you know to vote for me.

I’ve never considered myself an eccentric (the mere approaching me to accept a nomination is an act of extreme eccentricity in itself!) but I just wonder who conjured up my name in the first place!

But if you could get them to vote (in the top right-hand corner) for Ray Frensham, that would be great!. Thank you.

The URL is:

http://eccentricclub.blogspot.com/2009/03/greatest-british-eccentric-of-year-2009.html

Thank you...

weird or what!!???
Ray

1 thought| share your thoughts

German Hyperinflation [08 Feb 2008|07:05am]

paulafromtwoson
I came across an interesting article while I was doing a google search--(and if anybody knows of a non-perishable staple food of Germany in the 1920s that was at high demand, please let me know).

Anyway, while it has nothing to do with flappers, cinema, etc., but I found this article on what was going on in Germany in the early 1920s very interesting!

German hyperinflation
share your thoughts

Phone Instructions [16 Oct 2007|10:57pm]

paulafromtwoson
Just spotted this and thought it might be of interest:
2 thoughts| share your thoughts

some very nice clothes [15 May 2007|02:20pm]

lennywants

Read more...Collapse )

websites:

http://www.woodlandfarmsantiques.com/
http://www.vintageswank.com/

feel free to add my journal
lots of nice photos of houses and furniture and lovely clothes!
share your thoughts

Vintage Dresses ! [11 May 2007|03:47pm]
scaretail

This week we have some amazing Flapper Girl and Vintage Dresses as well as some funky modern tops .

Have a look for youself !

share your thoughts

Finger wave(ish) hairdo! [21 Oct 2006|10:26pm]

hybrid_trophy
[ mood | chipper ]

Aloha!

Thought i'd share my new cut and do that ive been having a while:

x-posted in vintage_hair, my journal and some art deco/nouveau  cummunities.

Hope you liked it.
kisses,
Bam

[09 Sep 2006|06:36pm]

red_she
Hello, 

I'm new and am wondering if anyone has any pictures of 1920's hairstyles... I'm having trouble finding some.

if anyone can help me out that would be great.
1 thought| share your thoughts

[22 May 2006|06:30pm]

hybrid_trophy
[ mood | productive ]

Hello to you all.
i joined this community some time ago but havn't post yet.
thought i'd share some pictures of 20'sinspired look of me that i took yesterday.

Read more...Collapse )
hope you like them!
/Bam

7 thoughts| share your thoughts

I want this book.... [20 Apr 2006|07:00pm]

cathead9
[ mood | excited ]

Image hosting by Photobucket

Read more...Collapse )

[01 Dec 2005|10:17pm]

pinballwizard01
hey, im new here, and this might be a weird question but can anyone direct me to a site for primary source documents on the sciences of the 20s? Or even better acutal hyperlinks/ pictures for this time period? That would be awesome.
3 thoughts| share your thoughts

x-posted [31 Oct 2005|04:03am]

lauratiny
I'm new here.

I was a flapper for halloween (everyone had parties on saturday night rather than monday night. don't ask me why.) Everything I wore was vintage. The dress, the shoes, even the beads. Not the head thing though. That was just a belt. And I couldn't really do anything to my hair because it is too long and I didn't have that much time. I REALLY wish I could do fingerwaves though.

PicturesCollapse )
5 thoughts| share your thoughts

Upcoming Peggy Hunt and Jeannette Alexander Vintage Fashion Show [29 Oct 2005|02:34am]

jacqui
Hi Everybody -- Here's the info about my Mother's and Grandmother's upcoming vintage fashion show. This is the info that's on the Art Deco Society and Los Angeles Conservancy websites, just in case you're interested.

If any of you do decide to come, please come up and say hello. I'll probably be a bit shy and distracted, and won't have a lot of time to visit, but I'd still love to see you. I'm going to be the MC for the event, and we've got over a hundred of their dresses that models be wearing on the runway, while a slideshow of press clippings and photos plays behind them -- at least that's how I hope it'll go. We'll also have a nice tea -- should be wonderful, and Mom's coming too : )

I've been working towards this for fifteen years now, I think. I'm so happy to be able to do something for my Grandmother and my Mom. It was so upsetting how forgotten their contributions to the history of fashion were, but now, through my continuing efforts, people know who they are again, and this feels really good : )

This is a vintage one of a kind photo of Bette Davis that I have. She's wearing one of my Granny's dresses. I have some great pictures like this that we're going to put out on a memorabilia table.

Moderne to Modern: The Fashions of Peggy Hunt and Jeanette Alexander
Sunday, November 6, 2005
Presented by the ADSLA and Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee.
At the El Rey Theatre, 5515 Wilshire Boulevard in the fabulous Miracle Mile

Doors open at 1 PM for Tea Service. There is limited seating for the Tea Service, first come, first served.
2:30 PM Fashion Show begins.

Table seating for tea is $35 general admission and $30 for members of ADSLA or LAC. Tickets will cost $15 for show only (no tea). We will also sell light refreshments.

The clothes that will be shown are the collection of the daughter and grand-daughter of Los Angeles based women's clothing designers Peggy Hunt and Jeanette Alexander. Peggy Hunt began designing clothes for her daughter in the 1930s and went on to become a successful fashion designer. Movie stars wore her gowns, but she also sold in the exclusive department stores. She is known for creating the illusion neckline. Her daughter, Jeanette Alexander, was active in the 1950s and 1960s and designed daywear so as not to compete with her mother. Special appearance by Jeanette Alexander (subject to availability).

You may purchase tickets online via Paypal, by mail or by telephone:

To purchase tickets by mail, send a check made payable to the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles, PO Box 972, Hollywood, CA 90078. Orders must be received by October 29, 2005.

To purchase tickets by telephone, call 310-659-DECO (3326). You may leave credit card information on the voicemail, it is a secure line. Please make sure you leave a return telephone number so we can contact you.

[08 Oct 2005|01:30pm]

k_a_l_e_i_d
Hello !

I'm new here.

I'm a big fan of 20s music, film and fashion.

I'm a big fan of Lu Lu...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

[10 Sep 2005|04:47pm]
jungle_red

MagicNotRealism: The Tennessee Williams Stamping Community

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=magicnotrealism

share your thoughts

some pics [26 Aug 2005|01:55am]

tootsie_361
[ mood | blah ]

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Vogue [24 Aug 2005|12:29pm]

rhiannonmars

http://www.condenastart.com/

October 1, 1932
Georges Lepape
share your thoughts

great site check it out [23 Aug 2005|05:23am]

tootsie_361
http://www.reelclassics.com/Downloads/wallpaper3.htm
share your thoughts

Just wanted to say hello.... [15 Aug 2005|11:13am]

glamorneverdies
[ mood | bouncy ]

Im new here and just wanted to kind of introduce myself. Im Kate, Im 15 years old and I live in Louisiana. Ive recently have become very obsessed with the 20's. The movie Chicago is one of my favorites! Speaking of which, does anyone know of any other movies based on the 20's?? Alright, well Im gona get going...I have a play audition soon! Ciao dahlings

9 thoughts| share your thoughts

20s magazines for sale! [11 Aug 2005|01:19pm]

modastrid

These are some really amazing magazines. Hair tips, health tips, old ads, ect!
http://cgi.ebay.com/1929-Physical-culture-magazine_W0QQitemZ6972484580QQcategoryZ280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1929-Physical-culture-magazine-August_W0QQitemZ6972485224QQcategoryZ280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

share your thoughts

navigation
[ viewing | most recent entries ]
[ go | earlier ]