dreamingbear (dreamingbear) wrote in _the_couch_,
dreamingbear
dreamingbear
_the_couch_

New Member Survey

I've been lurking in the shadows for a little while in this community - not ready to test the waters myself, so to speak, but having been here for a little while, I thought it time to introduce myself.

• Name/What You Want to be Called: Karen/DreamingBear/KB/DB/Hey you

• Diagnosis:
    Official - Major Depression
    Unofficial - Borderline Personality Disorder (or least high intensities of several traits)

• Current Method of Therapy: Typically, seeing a therapist weekly; seeing a psychiatrist to follow up on medications as needed

• Current Issues You're Dealing With: learning how to retrain my thought patterns on my own - therapist is reluctant to diagnose anything as broad spectrum as a personality disorder.

• Is therapy helping you? Why or Why not? While the relationship with my therapist is new - I've only seen him 3 or 4 times now - I don't feel as good as about this as I did when I first met with him.

• Anything else you want to share: Right now if I were to start, I wouldn't stop.

• What would like to see/gain from this community; why did you join? Not sure what I am looking for... maybe a place where people understand...
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments