Dark Affinity (demcee) wrote in _teedramoses,
Dark Affinity
demcee
_teedramoses

• Mood:
  • Music:

Cleveland Tour Stop

CLEVELAND -- Traveling on a tour bus to 24 cities may not be the way most performers want to spend their time, but for an Atlantic Records recording artist and Missy Elliot protÈgÈ, the bus rides are just fine.

Especially if you have a new album to promote.

"The tour is going just fine," said Tweet, from a tour bus somewhere in the United States. "I am back on the road. I am getting to see people. They can hear my new single that will be out the first of the year."

Tweet is one of four performers on the sixth annual Seagram's Gin Live 2004 tour. The tour stops at Cleveland's Metropolis Night Club at 9 p.m. tonight for its only Ohio performance.

The tour began Sept. 17 in California and ends Oct. 23 in Florida.

Other performers include the Grammy-nominated, critically acclaimed "Soul Machine," Cee-Lo Green, TVT Records' Teedra Moses and BET Comic View and Def Comedy Jam comedian Dante Carter.

The tour, said a Seagram's spokesman, is not only an opportunity for the company to say thank you to its customers, but the tour transforms nightclubs and venues into red-carpet VIP events and presents artists in a concert atmosphere.

Furthermore, fans can participate in the Seagram's Gin Live Walk of Fame which allows concertgoers to experience what it is like to be a celebrity being interviewed on the red carpet.

"It's bigger, bolder and better than before," said Paul A. Campbell, Seagram's director of global marketing.

"This is the urban music concert tour of the year. Some of the most talented and innovative artists are featured making it a show fans won't soon forget."

Tweet, 33 and single, won't forget 2002. That's when her debut album -- featuring what she calls gumbo soul music -- was released. The album's single, "Oops (Oh My!)" vaulted her to the top of the hip-hop charts.

"My music is a mix of soul, R&B, rap, even a taste of country. But when you boil it down, it's good music," said Tweet, who began singing with her parents in a gospel quartet and admired R&B singers Arthea Franklin and Diana Ross.

"What I like best is to be on stage performing. I love live performances. I'd rather do that than to be cooped up in a box in a studio. I can't even begin to describe the excitement I am feeling being a part of this tour. To be able to share songs and perform them live across the country is really thrilling. I can't wait to get out there."

While Tweet has touring experience, this is Moses' first tour.

Moses' TVT records is home to some of rap's biggest names: Lil' Jon, Nate Dogg, Warren G and the Ying Yang Twins.

Her recently released album, "Complex Simplicity," has already produced two hit singles, "You'll Never Find," and "Be Your Girl."

"I am very excited about this because I get a chance to go out and let people see what I do," said the New Orleans native.

"I am going to go out there and enjoy myself, and if I do that, the audience will enjoy themselves as well. The best thing about doing this is you go out there and let go of what you are dealing with and get lost in the audience and your music."

Although the tour is about having a good time, organizers are working with the Hip Hop Summit Action Network to register voters at each venue.

"Seagram's is committed to providing an exciting and dynamic showcase and platform for these artists while elevating awareness of the importance of the vote in our communities," Campbell said.
(source:tweet-news.com)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments