?

No account? Create an account
I found my old Digimon in the back of the closet today and decided… - Tamagotchi Revival Community

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

February 8th, 2009

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
prguitarman
09:18 pm

I found my old Digimon in the back of the closet today and decided to have a little fun with it. I'm not sure if any of you know this, but there's a little technique you can do to basically scramble your Digimon Tamagotchi to get all sorts of strange results. I decided to document some of my results while trying to unlock the extra-rare secret Digimon.

First, I unlocked a Greymon with some really unusual stats

It can go that high??

The age and weight would fluctuate according to the amount of battles you put him through. I almost decided to stick with this one, but I've unlocked it dozens of times just by raising it, so I moved on

After about ten minutes I unlocked an egg with poop around it

Then I got a Metal Greymon and a few other random ones

SUDDENLY

Computermon! I know this is technically the screen you get when your Digimon has died, but I had managed to scramble it so that it came to life.

Computermon in battle

I guess the game doesn't recognize this, so it's invisible.

You could feed it anything you wanted or fight as many battles as you'd like, but none of the hearts would fill up. Also, it didn't move very much. So basically, it's a really cool, yet boring glitch. If it had more personality I would have stayed with him.

After about 20 more minutes, I finally unlocked the Digimon I wanted the most...

Teddimon!! Aww just look at him :3

He's the BEST.

Now this has rekindled my interest in Tamagotchis, the Digimon kind specifically. Does anybody know some good online places to buy some? The ones on Ebay are either bootlegs or being sold for ridiculous prices. I'd really like to get a red or black one, and maybe a blue one. I'm also not very sure about the different versions out there. Does anybody have any experience with those?

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:February 9th, 2009 08:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
omg how did you do the scrambling? is it by pulling the tab? i know i used to get some weird stuff when i pulled the tab on my angelgotchi and my gen 2 tamagotchi :D but they were never raisable or playable.

you could try putting in a request at tamatalk.com. maybe someone over there would be willing to sell you theirs.
[User Picture]
Date:February 9th, 2009 08:27 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, I'd just pull the tab while pushing the bottom button quickly. It took a while though.

And I forgot about Tamatalk. I should try them, for sure. Do you by any chance know why most Tamas have had a sudden raise in price on eBay ? They were cheap a few months ago.
[User Picture]
Date:February 9th, 2009 08:40 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Just my personal opinion, and I have no proof, but I think it's because this seller who goes by the name of "chickeneater" is selling tamagotchis at outragiously high prices and everyone else just figured it was okay after seeing that. I remember at one point they were selling a used Nano Kitty for $99.00. I made them an offer of a reasonable $25 and they declined and made a counter offer of $50. This person obviously thinks we're all idiots. So I think after that, other sellers started to follow suit.

Another reason could be because of the recession. People want to make a quick buck off of their tamagotchis because they are broke. They don't realize that we're all broke too, so no one really wants to buy a Tamagotchi for $100 or more unless it's super rare, so now there's a bunch of Tamagotchis for sale which shouldn't be for sale at those ridiculous prices. It's sad really. Especially because American Tamagotchis aren't that rare yet they are going for over $200 now O_O
[User Picture]
Date:February 9th, 2009 10:03 am (UTC)
(Link)
Glad someone is having fun with theirs! I miss my Digimon pet, I still have it but it was run over by a car so many years ago ;_;

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com