Most countries around the world
celebrate Mother's Day today, the second Sunday of May. For many of us, the holiday brings mixed feelings not only regarding our own mothers, but how we see ourselves and other supportive figures in our lives.This week's questions are:
- How does Mother's Day affect you / make you feel about your own mother (or the maternal figure[s] in your life)?
- What thoughts do you have about who you are or want to be as a "mother" to others (human or fur-covered!)?
- How do you handle Mother's Day in terms of self-care, coping mechanisms, family, celebrating, etc.?
PUBLIC ENTRY( Parents and boundaries.Collapse )Questions for this week:
- How did your childhood environment with your parents (or those who raised you) affect the way you developed and maintained personal boundaries?
- What "red flags" and/or "green lights" have you experienced regarding your relationship with your parents?
- How have you ultimately had to change or adapt your boundaries with your parents in order to better aid your own recovery?
Hey, I'm back! I spent... uh, well, actually, I'm just going to cut this whole entry for triggers OF: hospitalization, SI/suicidality [not graphic], child abuse, contact from parents, triggering songs, healing, therapy, The Bleed, endo, PCOS, etc. Also talks about religion, specifically Christianity. please do let me know if I missed one, it's... not a good day for me physically.( In every loss
in every lie
In every truth that you'd deny
And each regret
and each goodbye
was a mistake to great to hide
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve
So give me reason
to prove me wrong
to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyesCollapse )
So, I'm nearing the end of my first month of an outpatient treatment program - I start week four on Tuesday night (Monday is a holiday here). While therapy itself is interesting, I'm still nowhere near actually connecting to my emotions when I speak about my history. ( Non-graphic mention of child abuse, rape, self-harm, suicidal ideation & other stuffCollapse )
I hope everyone here is doing well. *hugs* to you who need it. Thanks for reading.
I'm going to update you all on some of the stuff that has been going on with me and my so called life... It may be long, or short... but it goes where my mind goes, and I need to get this all out of my head. ( Cut for-- Friend problems, family problems, mention of past rape and past abuse, brother getting out of jail, having a warrant go back out for my brothers arrest, mention of drugs, stressful situations, dealing with chronic pain, dealing with depression, dealing with suicide Ideas, and I think that is it... warn me if I missed anything.Collapse )
And that is all I've got to say on all this. I'm sorry if anyone actually read this. But props to you if you did.