preciousthings (trulybrokenx) wrote in _survivors_,
preciousthings
trulybrokenx
_survivors_

My friend has recently just told me that everyone once in a while, her father gets extremely violent and smashes up plates and throws things across the room. I also suspect possible physical abuse although she hasn't said that to me. She, however, did tell me that he has calmed down now and he doesn't get so angry anymore. I'm the only person she's told and i was just wondering if anyone knew how i could help her besides simply just being there for her? What sort of things could i say that may make her feel slightly better? It can't be easy being scared of your own father.
Tags: abuse: physical, seeking support: for a friend
Subscribe

• Facebook and Myspace are both evil.

Okay, first of all, I did something really stupid. I know it was stupid, but only for legal reasons. I made a myspace profile in my rapist's name,…

• Me

A few notes on me: I survived physical abuse. Its a bit more than that, in that I grew up more or less in isolation. Strange tale, my user bio has…

• (no subject)

There is so much and I don't know where to start. Its so crazy though. And I needed to get all of this off my chest. Sorry if it is going to be long.…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 2 comments